Anyone know of a ea that opens orders once trailing touch?

Hi

I know I should go to freelance for this but I'm looking for an ea that opens orders once a trailing appear. Example lets say trailing opens up after 10 pips (100pts) and as the price go forward so does the trailing step. Now when price goes on reverse and hit the trailing price it opens another order of the same direction. Now if the trailing does not appear and 10 pips did not touch and goes reverse there should be a stop loss.

John Suka:

Hi

I know I should go to freelance for this but I'm looking for an ea that opens orders once a trailing appear. Example lets say trailing opens up after 10 pips (100pts) and as the price go forward so does the trailing step. Now when price goes on reverse and hit the trailing price it opens another order of the same direction. Now if the trailing does not appear and 10 pips did not touch and goes reverse there should be a stop loss.

This makes absolutely no sense.

If you are going to open a new trade in the same direction when the TS is hit, why bother with a TS?

Keith Watford:

This makes absolutely no sense.

If you are going to open a new trade in the same direction when the TS is hit, why bother with a TS?

Trailing step aka stop loss goes forward when the price goes forward right? So when the price goes backward and hit the TS you will still profit right. Example 1.450 start then price goes up 1.550 the TS triggered and when price go forward even more like 1.790 while TS moves up 100 as well being 1.690 and when price reverse back to hit the TS or aka stop loss you gain 1.450-1.690=240. During these time ea will place a pending order on the TS/stop loss (if profited) to continue on. If this does not make since then thats ok.

John Suka:

Trailing step aka stop loss goes forward when the price goes forward right? So when the price goes backward and hit the TS you will still profit right. Example 1.450 start then price goes up 1.550 the TS triggered and when price go forward even more like 1.790 while TS moves up 100 as well being 1.690 and when price reverse back to hit the TS or aka stop loss you gain 1.450-1.690=240. During these time ea will place a pending order on the TS/stop loss (if profited) to continue on. If this does not make since then thats ok.

You are a freelancer's nightmare.

Unclear description and then you suddenly add in a pending order that was not there in your first description.

If you do decide to place an order in freelance please be totally clear about your requirements. That will help the developer to price the project accurately and to give you the end product that you are expecting.

Keith Watford:

You are a freelancer's nightmare.

Unclear description and then you suddenly add in a pending order that was not there in your first description.

If you do decide to place an order in freelance please be totally clear about your requirements. That will help the developer to price the project accurately and to give you the end product that you are expecting.

Ok, Sorry to be confusing but I found this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/136242. ANd this was years ago and don't know if it works on todays mt4 version.

open order after TP or SL
open order after TP or SL
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I have tried without success to get an order opened after my current trade stop loss or take profit has been hit. Here are my requirements...

John Suka:

Ok, Sorry to be confusing but I found this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/136242. ANd this was years ago and don't know if it works on todays mt4 version.

You could try it and find out.

In future please post in the correct section

I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

John Suka:

It's technically doable from a coding point of view.

From a trading point of view it doesn't make sense. As Keith said, if you want to continue in the same direction just don't close your current order, or do it partially only. A trade is suppose to have a valid setup to enter and to exit, otherwise it's gambling.