Disable trading programmatically? - page 2

Keith Watford:

If you had read the topic, you would have seen that the OP wanted to disable ALL trading.

That's why your post was deleted, because the OP had already stated that he didn't just want autotrading disabled.

ok so moderators delete every message they don't like, good to see that

i was interpreting what he said, because obviously disabling all trading (manual specially) makes no sense. He talked about an indicator so I assumed (so stupid of my idiot self of course) that he was talking about automated trading...

Jean Francois Le Bas:

ok so moderators delete every message they don't like, good to see that

i was interpreting what he said, because obviously disabling all trading (manual specially) makes no sense. He talked about an indicator so I assumed (so stupid of my idiot self of course) that he was talking about automated trading...

No, off topic posts and those that serve no purpose are deleted

You asked the question

Jean Francois Le Bas:

do you want to disable trading in an EA, or switch the "AutoTrade button" ?

and the OP replied

sachnyc:

I want to disable trading in mt5 entirely but any means

So the OP had told you that he wanted to disable trading in MT5 entirely.

Then you posted

Jean Francois Le Bas:

I think there is a way to programatically disable the autotrade button. i did that in the past with a script in MT4

not sure for MT5

Very vague and off-topic as it does not relate to MT5.

Your post served no purpose and so it was deleted.

Now if you had attached the sourced code, then somebody may have been able to convert it to MT5 and it may have been useful to someone else if not the OP.

I might not have deleted it.

Jean Francois Le Bas:

hmm my message disappeared again?

anyway I was writing that you can disable the "Autotrading" button programatically, I did it in a script in MT4 a while ago

I dunno about MT5 though

Very interested in how you did this [in MT4].  You write a script that can disable the Auto Trading button, so that any EAs running on that platform can no longer trade?  Can you please share your solution?