Something changed! - page 2

I have plenty of D1 data. That is not the problem. I showed the other code because the problem is more wide spread than just the code calculating the ADR.

I am beginning to think that the problem lies elsewhere - not in the code.

Ernest Klokow:

I have plenty of D1 data. That is not the problem. I showed the other code because the problem is more wide spread than just the code calculating the ADR.

I am beginning to think that the problem lies elsewhere - not in the code.

And here we go, always the same song...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Write logging data to text file?

Alain Verleyen, 2020.04.28 01:42

You have to understand experienced programmers are reading every day, a lot of assumptions like yours. "It's not possible, it's not working, must be an mql5 bug, or the bug in this library, etc...", all the possible reasons EXCEPT the own responsibility of the coder. And guess what, 99% of the time it IS a coder fault, bug or misunderstanding. The biggest one is NOT READ the documentation (or not correctly). Which is exactly your problem.

When you try to help people, it's a bit irritating to read always similar things and see the same behaviour. A good coder is humble, he knows there is a great chance it is his own work which lead to an issue. Bugs in mql4/mql5 or MT4/MT5 happens, but it's rare compared to the number of times are claiming something is not working or not possible.

Read the documentation again about how mql5 works with files with the Strategy Tester, I am sure you will find the answer and be proud of you

A bit of help :

4 experienced coders tried to help you. Still you don't provide any useable code as very well explained by Drazen. The problem is you, no offense.