Unsupported file extension

Hello, I am new to coding and am having a problem. I made one robot, compiled it, ran it, and everything worked as it should. Then I tried to code another robot and when I compiled it I got an error saying unsupported file extension. I then tried to create a few more robots thinking that it was just a one time error and I've gotten the same thing every time, so it seems that for the moment I am not able to compile any of my work. Ive tried to look this up for how to fix it but I can't seem to find anything anywhere about it. If you know how to fix this please let me know!

bambamelliott I got an error saying unsupported file extension
Do you really expect an answer with the information you've given? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

The same problem happens to me too.
When I open  a new file, If I make it in a sub-folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\... MT4\MQL4\Indicators\the sub-folder or I make a new file in the main Indicators/Expert Advisers folder and then move it to a sub-folder, in both cases (Some times) I get Unsupported file extension error.

It happened to me only during the last 2-3 weeks.

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

I get same error

And fixed it by save the file again.

totsh:

I get same error

You are right. Same thing happen to me. Use "Save as" option to save the file format as mq4, then problem solved. thank totsh!

totsh #:

I get same error

you are a life saver!!!

I fix it bu changing project name ; I used "." on project name and when changed it the the problem fixed