MLQ5 EA files downloading to wrong folder.

Hi Guys,

I have recently had a problem when downloading EA's to the correct file location.

After I download or create a EA on the MT5 metaeditor, I can see the code file in metaeditor. But after I compile it, I don't see the file in the Navigator panel of MT5 even after a refresh or restart.

It seems to be saving the file to C drive/desktop/users folder instead of the MQL5 folders where the EA's are normally stored. Does anyone know how to set the default folder for saving EA's?

Try

File "Save as"

Keith Watford:

Try

File "Save as"

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. After compiling a new EA it used to be saved in the correct file.

I tried save as. That works, but I need a MT5 restart every time to refresh the navigator panel, otherwise the new compiled file won't show up. Refreshing files in the navigator itself doesn't do anything now.

Dashoshea:

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. After compiling a new EA it used to be saved in the correct file.

I tried save as. That works, but I need a MT5 restart every time to refresh the navigator panel, otherwise the new compiled file won't show up. Refreshing files in the navigator itself doesn't do anything now.

Strange!

I can't think of any other suggestions except re-installing MT5.

Dashoshea:

Hi Keith,

1. You don't need to restart MT5 to refresh the Navigator. Right-click inside the Navigator window and click Refresh in the popup menu.

2. You problem is most likely that your MT5 is launched with in "portable" mode while your MetaEditor is not. Or the reverse. On both program, use File->Open Data Folder and check the path. If they differ it's a "portable"mode issue.