Expert Advisor

Hi, just started learning on demo account, managed to paste one of the EA's I found on the navigation window. The smiley face was sad managed to change it to smile. By managing to do this, I thought the advisor would start working, nothing happened foe the past two days, can somebody help take me through the steps to get the EA to start doing something?

Qhumanani:
Hi, just started learning on demo account, managed to paste one of the EA's I found on the navigation window. The smiley face was sad managed to change it to smile. By managing to do this, I thought the advisor would start working, nothing happened foe the past two days, can somebody help take me through the steps to get the EA to start doing something?

If your EAs trading criteria aren't met, there will be no trades.

Without knowing what EA is that, how could we help you?

Qhumanani:

You should check the operation of EA's using backtest.

See if you can catch any error.

Ahmad Zuhairdi Noh:

You should check the operation of EA's using backtest.

See if you can catch any error.

Hi, Thank you for your response, on the question of what system EA , I have a price-plus-5 system with the following inputs : LotSize  ( 1.0 ), StopLoss ( 50.0), TakeProfit ( 100.0 ), TrailingStopLimit ( 5.0 ), TrailingStopStop ( 5.0 ), MagicNumber ( 23310 ). Theese I got from clicking on the smiley; assume these are criteria that you tack about ? Ahmad I read about back testing somewhere have to check info cause am not sure about what to do to backtest