Fake reviews in the market MQL5 - page 5

Don Calito:

I noticed a lot of EA products in the market which are listed in the front page , all have exactly the same thing in common : Fake reviews

After investigation , those developers are telling people that in exchange for a positive review they will get a free EA or free indicator. So suddenly a product that is actually bad or mediocre has a large amount of positive fake reviews. Another scenario group of people working together just leave positive reviews on the product.

Fake reviews are a HUGE problem for this platform , Consumers tend to trust the voice of the masses. That’s why some people overlook a few bad reviews (even recent ones) when the majority are overwhelmingly positive, and vice versa and it has a huge impact on purchase decisions.

Why does mql5 not employ a stronger kind of mechanism for catching these fake reviews? More than 50% of the product sold on this site contains several fake reviews. How about a clean up?

What is being done about this? 

Sturgis isaac:

What is being done about this? 

Nothing up to now.

Many FX traders understand that the

primary purpose of a Back Test is simply to

help verify that the Indicator/EA is working properly

For Indicators/EA's that are purchased,

a 'Live Account' trading statement would

give the purchaser the information they need

to make an intelligent decision before they spend

For example, another well-known FX site

uses a verification system that covers use of a

'Real Live Account', trading history, drawdown, risk, etc.

It's so sad how many people are getting ripped off

Randy:

And if a Vendor did in fact

have an impressive, fully verified,

'Real Live Account' trading statement, why would

they want to sell their proven, profitable trading system?

You are off-topic. We are discussing here about reviews.

Ugochukwu Mobi:
I will suggest before a review to be public, it must go to a moderator and he/she will talk to person to ask proof of what he is saying.

As Metaquotes are unable to operate an efficient service desk, do you really imagine that they could do something like this?

Keith Watford:

As Metaquotes are unable to operate an efficient service desk, do you really imagine that they could do something like this?

Actually even with an efficient service, such thing is not manageable and anyway undesirable.

I bought a $300 EA from some crooks here in this site, after that I found he is fraud and left 1 star feedback, he immediately took it off the market and couple of days later he represent it under different name...this is a cooperation from MQL5.com with these people...they are as guilty as the fraudsters, this site is totally fraud and deceptive, it is a band of mafia from Russia and Ukraine to run this site for their own sake...I never purchase again from this site ever...

Keith Watford:

But they are making too much money, why they don't want to spend??? because employing people to take care of reviews, it is not difficult, It is just demand money.

1. They are selling software licenses

2. Signal, market and freelance They get 20%

Forum moderators are not paid, Not enough employee to run service desk fast

My question where are all those millions they are making are going????

Finally someones understood this...

Alain Verleyen:

There is 0 doubt.

We are talking about technically correct review, posted by real buyers BUT which :

1. Are either forced to post a 5 stars review in exchange of a refund. This is a terrible strategy as more they get reviews, more they have sales, and as the product is not good they have more refund requests, which leads to ... more reviews !
2. Or are forced to post a 5 stars review in exchange of an other software.

The proofs are publicly available, you just have to read the reviews posted by some user which didn't accept the racket system. Proportionally there are not much. I can't post the link here as I suppose it will not be accepted. I can send the links to anyone still doubting.

I would like to add another scenario...

I saw a lot of the racket systems are given for free in the begining then they beg the free users to give good review, During this free period they can also buy with their own other anonymous account and give good reviews. 

But this can be avoided by doing this..once a product is given for free cannot be made paid. Also there should not be any review systems for free products.