DayOfYear() Return At Weekends

Hi all, 

I'd like to know what value DayOfYear()/DayOfWeek() would return if I tried to use them on a Saturday/Sunday. Would I get a value corresponding with a weekend (i.e Saturday/Sunday) or would it would return a value corresponding with the time of the last tick before market close for the week (i.e a Friday)?

I'd test it myself but I can't do it in real time as it's a weekday and I'm unaware of how to simulate this in strategy tester (if it's possible) as I obviously can't start on a weekend. 

Thanks in advance!

CURTIS MAX LEEMBRUGGEN:

Hi all, 

I'd like to know what value DayOfYear()/DayOfWeek() would return if I tried to use them on a Saturday/Sunday. Would I get a value corresponding with a weekend (i.e Saturday/Sunday) or would it would return a value corresponding with the time of the last tick before market close for the week (i.e a Friday)?

I'd test it myself but I can't do it in real time as it's a weekday and I'm unaware of how to simulate this in strategy tester (if it's possible) as I obviously can't start on a weekend. 

Thanks in advance!

They will use the time of the last tick.

This is not necessarily the last tick on Friday as some brokers offer cryptos at the weekend.

I will move this to the MQL4 and MT4 section. In future please post in the correct section.

1. DayOfYear is based off of the last server time. Once the market is closed, there are no ticks, so server time will not be changing.
  2. You can see this by using OnTimer (which does not work in the tester.)
Reason: