Is it possible to create an indicator or an expert to turn off Auto Trading on Meta Trader 5? - page 2

Dominik Egert #:
It's not possible to turn off the Autotrader button by an expert. Especially couldn't you turn it on. It's mutual exclusive...

It is possible (and even shown in this post)

Well, yes.

Because it's a bought expert, the source is not available, therefore ExpertRemove () won't do the job as asked.

As far as I know, you cannot turn ON / OFF autotrading in the Terminal by an EXPERT.
That's why I suggested.

The link provided shows and uses this method, if I understood correctly. So I summarized it for the lazy readers.

Dominik Egert #:
Well, yes.

Because it's a bought expert, the source is not available, therefore ExpertRemove () won't do the job as asked.

As far as I know, you cannot turn ON / OFF autotrading in the Terminal by an EXPERT.
That's why I suggested.

The link provided shows and uses this method, if I understood correctly. So I summarized it for the lazy readers.

No, it is possible to turn on/off autotrading from expert. And it is shown in post #6

Ok. Ok. Ok.

It's a script. Not an EA.

My fault.

You cannot from an EA. An EA will not run when autotrading is off.

Am I still wrong?

Dominik Egert #:
Ok. Ok. Ok.

It's a script. Not an EA.

My fault.

You cannot from an EA. An EA will not run when autotrading is off.

Am I still wrong?

Yes.

EA or script doesn't make a difference. But you need to use WinAPI call, can not be done with mql only.