How to leave an older version EA?

Dear experienced traders,

I saw some review, that they are asking to keep the older version but not update to the new version.

Is that possible to leave the older version(keep it not to be updated)?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

Sky L:

I saw some review, that they are asking to keep the older version but not update to the new version.

Sky

If you don't update an EA on your MT4/5 terminal, you will still use the older version.

The update is not mandatory or automatically.

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you don't update an EA on your MT4/5 terminal, you will still use the older version.

The update is not mandatory or automatically.

Thank you, Eleni, thanks.

Eleni Anna Branou: you will still use the older version.
Until it becomes obsolete
After 1 March 2019, MetaTrader 4 desktop terminal builds below 1118 … will no longer be supported.
          Support for older MetaTrader 4 Desktop and Android versions to end on March 1, 2019 - Android Trading Platform - MQL4 programming forum 2019.02.06

MetaTrader 5 build 1745 will be the last platform version supporting Microsoft Windows XP/2003/Vista
          New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1745 - Trading Strategies That Work - General - MQL5 programming forum 2018.01.11

Sky L:

Sky

If you are not sure about the quality of the update it's best to backup the current/previous version. To do this just copy the corresponding ex4 file to a different folder.

Then you can update the EA, test it and decide afterward which version you prefer to use.

William Roeder:
Until it becomes obsolete

Thank you, William.

Daniel Stein:

If you are not sure about the quality of the update it's best to backup the current/previous version. To do this just copy the corresponding ex4 file to a different folder.

Then you can update the EA, test it and decide afterward which version you prefer to use.

Thank you, Daniel.