There are several things confusing me, and I need to know if they are possible at all

Greetings MQL community,

I'm newbie to this website, and to this forum, so please forgive me if my questions falls in some other category, and I'm off topic.

I'm also newbie in trading, less than one year of experience. My broker uses MT4 platform, but in help/about it states it's updated to build 1260. Our government forced us to our homes because of virus, and having more time to play with, I found that there's something called "MetaQuotes language editor" that has purpose of scripting some tasks. I'm not newbie at programming, I'm earning for life doing things in excel and helping my boss analyzing and understanding the data. There are vast volumes of documentation and videos explaining how to do something with this MQL, but before I dive into all that, I need to know if some things are achievable with this tool. So, are following things possible with MetaQuotes language editor? I'm not asking how to do something, I only ask if it is possible at all.

Questions about MetaQuotes language editor

1. Changing general UI of MT4/5 platform: meaning adding new buttons in toolbar or adding new items in menus, and activating some code behind it when clicked? For example: I'd like to have a button to open a dialog box with settings that would be taken for future trades. So for example when I click Buy at some point, it would, following what I said in settings, add stop loss and take profit at let's say 2xATR(bigger time-frame/my time-frame) value of previous candle. It's not EA, it's one single action linked to click event of buy or sell buttons.
  2. Making EA that would not open its new trades, but to manage my trade that was previously manually opened, gently trailing not only stop loss, but take profit also. Is it possible for EA module to take over the trade created outside of its scope?
  3. Can EA Module take a look at several different chart windows in order to help making choices about managing trade. For example when trading 15 min time-frame, I would look in higher time-frames to try avoid inconvenient supply/demand levels, and if I trade EurUsd, I would look at all other Eur charts, and all other Usd charts, to see if there's some correlation movements. 
  4. Changing predefined behavior of existing UI, for example: if I press shift when clicking on time-frame buttons, instead of changing time-frame of selected window, it would change time-frame of all visible windows in this profile?
  5. Can I make MT4 or MT5 platform to export chart data into local database, for example MS SQL server, that is working on local machine? Later I would analyze data with app that I would create myself. So is it possible to make a script, that would instruct MT4 or MT5 to attach to local database server, and when every minute a candle appears, it sends candle's date/time, open, close, high, low and volume properties to database attached on local server?
  6. Similar question but this time it should react to OnTick event and feed data about ask/bid price and volume (don't take it against me: I don't know really what data I can get from tick event, I only know what I hope to be useful)

Question about Freelance service In case that I get positive answer on some of previous question, so I try to do it, but find myself incapable of, I would be asking your Freelance service for help, right? I tried to read all your rules, but not being native English speaker, I wasn't very successful. But I've seen the video how to do that, and it doesn't look too complicated. Only there's one thing that bothers me and that is how much money to offer? I remember that when I worked for another company some 10 years ago, we had application sitting on Microsoft Dynamics, and when some changes were needed in that app, job would be outsourced to one software company that was sending a man or two to do the job. They were charging us 70 euros per hour per programmer person and claimed not to be very expensive. On the other side of spectrum, at your Freelance section I've seen that there are some job offerings like "modify my existing EA to do this or that and I'll give you 30 to 40 dollars". Modifying existing code that's not mine is harder than writing my own code from scratch. Time needed to read someone's job offering, and analyze their code is substantial. Adding few hundreds line of code in my project could take one hour or two, but doing same thing with someone else's code, would take at least a day. Let's not start talk about testing and debugging. I would be afraid of insulting someone making this kind of offering. So my question is this: can I place job request but leaving the price field empty, for freelancer to fill it? Or if not, am I allowed to ask here for advice how much should I offer for some particular job? Also, am I allowed to ask for the source code, and to ask that is well commented, so I could learn something I didn't know?

Question about MetaQuotes Ltd. and mql5.com If I've understood properly (correct me if I'm wrong) MetaQuotes is not a broker but a software company dedicated to making and perfecting Trading platforms named MT4 and MT5. I cannot open a real account here, but I can open a demo account. What I want to ask about that demo account is about its limitation: can I open that demo account in order to learn and exercise my trading skills, or I'm allowed to open account only for testing purposes if I want to write scripts? Also, is data feed real and accurate, or it's delayed several minutes, and do I get a real volumes?

That's what I need to know at this moment. I joined community few days ago, and I hope you'd welcome me, in spite that I had so many things to ask. I honestly tried to find my answers on forum, reading slowly through General section, but then I got tired after few hours, run at your moderator's post about trader's humor, and got lost there for few hours more. Then I decided to ask my questions rather than keep wandering through forum posts.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Ivica

Welcome
IvicaNesic: Questions about MetaQuotes language editor
These questions have nothing to do with the editor, only the MT4/MT5 language.
  1. No, but your code can add buttons etc to the chart and react to those.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. No
  5. Yes. Latest MT5 has built in SQL support.
  6. Yes. A tick means something has changed for the current chart symbol.
IvicaNesic: Question about Freelance serviced
Top of every page is the link Freelance
          Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum

IvicaNesic: Question about MetaQuotes Ltd. and mql5.com 
  1. Correct, not a broker
  2. You can open a demo but I suggest you open one with your broker.

William Roeder:
Welcome These questions have nothing to do with the editor, only the MT4/MT5 language.
  1. No, but your code can add buttons etc to the chart and react to those.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. No
  5. Yes. Latest MT5 has built in SQL support.
  6. Yes. A tick means something has changed for the current chart symbol.
Top of every page is the link Freelance
          Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum

1. Correct, not a broker
  2. You can open a demo but I suggest you open one with your broker.

Greetings William Roeder,

I'm very grateful on your very quick reply especially during the weekend. Now, I have much clearer vision of what I have the right to hope for.

Only one question was left unanswered, probably because it was asked using my poor English. This question is about the amount of money that should be offered for some job.

1. Is there any guidance or list of rules available on how to determine fair fee for the job required? Like for example: I want an app (working on my home desktop, or somewhere virtually) that would wait for the moment when three indicators reach specified set of values and then send a notification to my cell phone so I can pull out my lap top and place a trade. So that would be like 3 indicators check x 10 dollars + 1 notification sending x 20 dollars + 1 panel with settings for indicators and phone ID x 20 dollars = 70 dollars is suggested to offer for this kind of job. It seems very clumsy, but it would be helpful on order not to offend anybody's sense of self worthiness. 
  2. Or is there a possibility to have a price suggested by freelancer who applies for the job? Video about this says that I can set the price, so that implicate that I don't have to. Anyway what's the common practice (what is expected from me)?
  3. Do I break any forum rules if I make a post with specifications of the job I need to be done, and ask for the opinion on the money matter from the community? I believe that question asked here in forums may result with several answers and some of them could come from freelancers, which really can be the guidance how they see their work and how to act accordingly. So, I do believe in asking things publicly in forum, but do I break any forum rules doing so in this particular case?

Thanks in advance for any insight on this matter.

Respectfully,

Ivica

IvicaNesic:

Greetings William Roeder,

I'm very grateful on your very quick reply especially during the weekend. Now, I have much clearer vision of what I have the right to hope for.

Only one question was left unanswered, probably because it was asked using my poor English. This question is about the amount of money that should be offered for some job.

1. Is there any guidance or list of rules available on how to determine fair fee for the job required? Like for example: I want an app (working on my home desktop, or somewhere virtually) that would wait for the moment when three indicators reach specified set of values and then send a notification to my cell phone so I can pull out my lap top and place a trade. So that would be like 3 indicators check x 10 dollars + 1 notification sending x 20 dollars + 1 panel with settings for indicators and phone ID x 20 dollars = 70 dollars is suggested to offer for this kind of job. It seems very clumsy, but it would be helpful on order not to offend anybody's sense of self worthiness. 
  2. Or is there a possibility to have a price suggested by freelancer who applies for the job? Video about this says that I can set the price, so that implicate that I don't have to. Anyway what's the common practice (what is expected from me)?
  3. Do I break any forum rules if I make a post with specifications of the job I need to be done, and ask for the opinion on the money matter from the community? I believe that question asked here in forums may result with several answers and some of them could come from freelancers, which really can be the guidance how they see their work and how to act accordingly. So, I do believe in asking things publicly in forum, but do I break any forum rules doing so in this particular case?

Thanks in advance for any insight on this matter.

Respectfully,

Ivica

1. There isn't any guideline/rules, as there are too many variables involved - not only code quality (robustness, efficiency, understand-ability, just to name a few), but also future support, if required. How well the freelancer communicate is crucial too, especially when clarifying your specifications and explaining unforeseen issues, if any.

2. You can choose a price range, instead of a fixed amount.

3. You're free to post job specifications openly, and if it's detailed and interesting enough, someone might code for you for free. But price discussions will be blocked out by moderators (even when joking, I've realised... lol). But if your motivation is to see how freelancers respond to your specifications, you can do so once you've created a job - you'll get to discuss with individual freelancers (those that applied to your job) and ask them challenging questions, before selecting one of them.