Multiple candle sizes in EA.

Hi,

Is it possible for EA to access arrays of candles with different size than current Chart size?

I want my EA to perform some calculations on 1-minute candles but other on 1-hour candles. Can it be done?

Mikołaj Gogola:

Hi,

Is it possible for EA to access arrays of candles with different size than current Chart size?

I want my EA to perform some calculations on 1-minute candles but other on 1-hour candles. Can it be done?

You mean other timeframes ? yes it can be done ,but you must be ever-vigilant to request the correct candles and never assume data exists already (downloaded) ,as William will point out . 

Yes I think I am talking about timeframes.
For example I want to calculate difference between Close[2] and Close [5], but also Close[4] and Close[1500].
I did call ArraySize() on Close and it returned around 67000 so it is weird that I am receiving "array out of range" when accessing Close[1500].
Anyway if I could switch somehow to 30min candles and access Close[50] it would be same as 1500 on 1 minute Chart and should fix my problem.

The reason can be Tick Data Suite software I am testing recently. It allows to test historical data later than regular Strategy Tester and it may be the reason of errors. I don't know really.

1. On MT4: Unless the current chart is that specific symbol(s)/TF(s) referenced, you must handle 4066/4073 errors before accessing candle/indicator values.
              Download history in MQL4 EA - Forex Calendar - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 № 4

The function linked to, opens a hidden chart for the symbol/TF in question (if not already open,) thus updating history, and temporarily placing the symbol on Market Watch (if not already there,) so SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_BID) or MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_BID) don't also return zero on the first call.

On MT5: Unless the chart is that specific pair/TF, you must Synchronize the terminal Data from the Server.
              Is it mystical?! It is! - Withdraw - Technical Indicators - MQL5 programming forum
              Timeseries and Indicators Access / Data Access - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
              Synchronize Server Data with Terminal Data - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum
              SymbolInfoInteger doesn't work - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.09.03

2. Don't mix apples and oranges.

Thank you William.
I actually got an email from TDS support team where they explained that I have to define preliminary amount of bars in "Advanced settings" before running backtest. (default number was 100)