Is there any way to filter trades provided by a signal or a protected EX4 file depending on some criteria?

Hello,

I have found some good signals and good expert advisors in the market; they have high profit factors, limited drawdown and acceptable ROI.
However, I think that the performance of these EAs can be increased by setting some filters on time (Ex: open trades only at night, do not open trades in the beginning of Monday/end of Friday...).
In addition, I think that setting some filters on lot sizes (do not copy orders with lot sizes less than/more than) can improve the performance of the trading strategies.
The problem is that we do not have the access to the code of the expert advisors in the case of signal copying and protected EX4. 
I’m not really familiar with MQL4 (but I’m good in C/C++) and from what I have learn to now it will be impossible to code an expert advisor (attached to a random chart) for filtering signals and orders provided by a protected EX4 EA.

Is this completely true or there is some functions that can kill trading orders before been opened in the terminal.

Sorry for my English and thank you in advance for your answers.

You can enable and disable auto trading and that's about it.

Otherwise you could run the EA on a demo account and intercept and manage then push the resulting trades to another terminal running the desired target account.

Your best option would be to contact the developer and ask if he is willing to add the specific functionality.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
, then each symbol positions will be closed in the same order, in which they are opened, starting with the oldest one. In case of an attempt to close positions in a different order, the trader will receive an appropriate error. There are several types of accounts that can be opened on a trade server. The type of account on which an...

Hello Macro,

Copying trades from a demo account seems a good idea. Moreover, I have found a trade copier Expert Advisor offering filters on time and lot sizes.

I will test it when the market open again.