Different Orders on Different Charts

Hello; I am curious to know if either MT4 or MT5 allows me to display an open position per time chart for the same currency as opposed to how it is now: showing all open positions on all time charts.

Example:

I open a loonie position in a one hour chart (buy or sell ... it doesn't matter).

I also open a loonie position in a four hours chart (again, type of position doesn't matter).

And I open a loonie position in a daily chart.

At present all three open positions will be visible on all three charts.  What I want is for each open position to show only on the corresponding chart

and nowhere else.  Open position for one hour chart shows only one hour chart only.  Open position for four hours chart shows on four hours chart only

and so on.

Is that possible without having to install multiple copies of MT4 or MT5 and having to resort to having multiple trading accounts active?

Thanks in advance

Lode

Yes it's possible, but it has to be coded, as once a position is open there is no information allowing to link it to a chart timeframe.

Hi Alain;

Thanks for your response.  And what would that entail ... coding I mean?

Tnx.

Lode

Lode Loyens:

Hi Alain;

Thanks for your response.  And what would that entail ... coding I mean?

Tnx.

Lode

1° You need to add a magic number to your position to discriminate between timeframes. If you trade manually you need a trading panel, otherwise just code your rules to open a position and add a magic.

2° You need a code (an indicator for example) running on each chart to display the position related to the chart timeframe.

Hi Alain;

Thanks for your answer.  I will need to speak to a programmer then.

Appreciate your input.  All the best.

Lode