Why code bugs makes the EA's more profitable? Randomness guilty?

Hi dev's,

if you are reading this post is because you probably faced the same "issue" while you were developing your EA's.

Let me explain in details:

I use to divide my EA's into different blocks:

• the one for logic, where you define the conditions to open the orders,
  • the one for open: check the logic and open orders
  • the one for managing: check, modify the orders
  • the one for closing: check and close the orders.

By doing this, I use to manage the same the BUY and SELL orders in the same way...specular.

Sometimes, due to typo's or wrong code interpretation, it can happens that the code is executed partially and this breaks the specular ways of managing the orders - doesn't matter in which part of the EA.

This sort of "randomness" caused by the human error most of the times makes my EA's being more profitable than what they show when they are fixed...talking about backtesting for sure.

Does this happened to you too? Have you ever noticed it?

If yes, how we can explain it?

Simone Gargano:

Hi dev's,

if you are reading this post is because you probably faced the same "issue" while you were developing your EA's.

Let me explain in details:

I use to divide my EA's into different blocks:

• the one for logic, where you define the conditions to open the orders,
  • the one for open: check the logic and open orders
  • the one for managing: check, modify the orders
  • the one for closing: check and close the orders.

By doing this, I use to manage the same the BUY and SELL orders in the same way...specular.

Sometimes, due to typo's or wrong code interpretation, it can happens that the code is executed partially and this breaks the specular ways of managing the orders - doesn't matter in which part of the EA.

This sort of "randomness" caused by the human error most of the times makes my EA's being more profitable than what they show when they are fixed...talking about backtesting for sure.

Does this happened to you too? Have you ever noticed it?

If yes, how we can explain it?

Yes I had the same issue once when I commented out my stop loss function. Overnight my profit skyrocketed.....;)  Just means our logic is flawed, or needs fine tuning in my case I widened my s/l...