New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1210 - page 2

Alan Gasperi:
yes, the update was done automatically and confirms the last version you released.  The platform with the new update, everything is slower than before, I have many charts open with so many indicators purchased, the platform freezes, already in closed markets, I think it will be impossible to trade in open markets.  This did not happen before the update.  Cancel the last update and investigate the problem that is serious, invalidate the possibility of trading especially for those with many heavy indicators purchased.
This is weekend today, and if the platform is frozen so it may be the broker's problem.

Because ... if you are using MetaQuotes-demo server to evaluate the trading etc so this server is to test beta versions and to updarte to the latest builds (because MetaQuotes is not a broker).
And all other evaluation (trading, Market, Signals, charts) should be made using the connection to the broker's server ...

Sergey Golubev:
This is weekend today, and if the platform is frozen so it may be the broker's problem.

Because ... if you are using MetaQuotes-demo server to evaluate the trading etc so this server is to test beta versions and to updarte to the latest builds (because MetaQuotes is not a broker).
And all other evaluation (trading, Market, Signals, charts) should be made using the connection to the broker's server ...

Is build 1210 a beta version or a release version? Imho it is not marked as beta.

Marcin Konieczny:

Is build 1210 a beta version or a release version? Imho it is not marked as beta.

It is an official release, not beta.

Sergey Golubev:

I don't think it's a Server Broker problem, because the platform is frozen with Windows.

Alan Gasperi:
I don't think it's a Server Broker problem, because the platform is frozen with Windows.

I have Windows 10 and nothing is frozen for me (and no one reported about it).
Because if it is the bug of MT4 for Windows 10 so it is the bug for everybody ..

Restart Metatrader (and computer), if this "frozen situation" will be repeated - wait for the Monday (for tomorrow) when the Market will be open.

--------------

Because I am using notebook now with Windows 10, and I am having Opera browser with 5 tabs opened + Chrome browser with 5 tabs opened (incl facebook, yahoo, and more), and K-Meleon browser with 10 tabs opened, + Metatrader 4 updated, and MT5 opened with many charts.
Everything is opened, nothing is frozen ..

Sergey Golubev:

I have Windows 10 and nothing is frozen for me (and no one reported about it).
Because if it is the bug of MT4 for Windows 10 so it is the bug for everybody ..

Restart Metatrader (and computer), if this "frozen situation" will be repeated - wait for the Monday (for tomorrow) when the Market will be open.

--------------

Because I am using notebook now with Windows 10, and I am having Opera browser with 5 tabs opened + Chrome browser with 5 tabs opened (incl facebook, yahoo, and more), and K-Meleon browser with 10 tabs opened, + Metatrader 4 updated, and MT5 opened with many charts.
Everything is opened, nothing is frozen ..

I have many indicators on the charts, certainly not frozen in the charts without or with few indicators, I understood this.However we see Monday how it goes.
Thank you.

Alan Gasperi:
I have many indicators on the charts, certainly not frozen in the charts without or with few indicators, I understood this.However we see Monday how it goes.
Thank you.
I remember one "frozen situation" - when I switch between trading/demo/real accounts (between broker's servers) with opened charts so the charts may be frozen.
So, I need to close the charts first, and after that only I will switch Metatrader to the other account.
It is for MT4 and MT5 too.

Sergey Golubev:
I remember one "frozen situation" - when I switch between trading/demo/real accounts (between broker's servers) with opened charts so the charts may be frozen.
So, I need to close the charts first, and after that only I will switch Metatrader to the other account.
It is for MT4 and MT5 too.
it will be as you say.  I wait for Monday to see.  Thank you

I confirm that after the latest update (build 1210) almost everything is slower than before. Especially noticeable with graphical objects and chart events. The response is very very slow.  Now MT4 is almost as slow as MT5 (And MT5 is horribly slow).  

Hi,

I confirm what has been said, everything is so much slower ! it's very annoying for user experience: we are using indicators and experts for designing nice and cool user interfaces and wow... It feels like our computer's performances went from 2019 to 1995 just after this update !

Please, correct this as soon as possible !

I can give you this example :

Let's assume that I have a rectangle that I can move vertically between y = 0 px and y = 500 px.

I am using this rectangle object as a scrollbar: every time I move this rectangle object to a new Y position (for example Y = 250px) it updates the Y position of a list of 20 text labels.

Until the build 1210, this scrolling function was working like a charm : everything was done in an instant! But now... it is very very very slow.

int ScrollBarOffset = 123; //123 value is just for this example
for( int i = ObjectsTotal(); i >= 0; i--){
        string obj_name= ObjectName(i);
        if ( StringFind( obj_name, "FWATerminalLiveCharts", 0) > -1 && (StringFind( obj_name, "abcd123", 0) > -1 ){
                int NewYPos = ObjectGetInteger(0,obj_name,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,0) - ScrollBarOffset; //this is how I update my text label Y position according to my scrollbar's position
                ObjectSetInteger(0,obj_name,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,NewYPos);
                if( NewYPos < YDisplayLimitTop || NewYPos > YDisplayLimitBottom ) ObjectSetInteger(0,obj_name,OBJPROP_BACK,true); //this is how I hide an object when its Y position is too high or too low
                else ObjectSetInteger(0,obj_name,OBJPROP_BACK,false);
        }
}

I have attached two gif videos: a comparison Build 1170 / Build 1210

Files:
Reason: