Can't see ex4 files on MT4 - page 2

William Roeder:
No need, just Navigator → Right Click → Refresh after the paste.

Same just started happening to me for a couple of days, MT4 cannot see some new and some old ex4's (that I have previously used), and none of the above procedures don't help, short of powering the computer off/on.

Funny that I have removed an indicator from my screen to replace it with an alternative new one I copied to that folder, and now I can't see neither of them listed.

These particular ones do not have mq4 for them, but some others in the folder with mq4 files, still show a gray dot, as if they have no source mq4.

I suspect microshaft strikes again, in my case, Win10. In the folder, with file explorer, right-click on ex4 file -> properties. It says that the file may have come from another computer and is blocked to protect me (wtf??) click to Unblock. Unblocking it doesn't help.

Now, I will go and power off - power on my computer. No use calling help desk, they will ask me to make sure the computer is plugged to the mains :-)

Nope, power-cycling the pc didn't work either :-(

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property)
Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Preprocessor / Program Properties (#property)
  • www.mql5.com
Path to the file of an image that will be used as an icon of the EX5 program. Path specification rules are the same as for resources. The property must be specified in the main module with the MQL5 source code. The icon file must be in the ICO format. When launching a script or an Expert Advisor on the chart, the stack of at least 8 MB is...

rmshau:

Same just started happening to me for a couple of days, MT4 cannot see some new and some old ex4's (that I have previously used), and none of the above procedures don't help, short of powering the computer off/on...

I think I've sorted this out, at least for now. The problem was my Indicators folder had turned into a junk yard, even after I started sorting indicators by type into subfolders, so there mqlcache.dat file in the folder must have become too large, maybe even corrupted (?).

By clearing the folder and placing only required indicators, the problem has disappeared.

rmshau #:

I think I've sorted this out, at least for now. The problem was my Indicators folder had turned into a junk yard, even after I started sorting indicators by type into subfolders, so there mqlcache.dat file in the folder must have become too large, maybe even corrupted (?).

By clearing the folder and placing only required indicators, the problem has disappeared.

Thanks . i did the same removed all indicators not using and now they are seen in the navigator folder of mt4