how limit the number of orders on mt4? - page 2

kares:

I've been a programmer since 1970 in high school.

It amazes me how arrogant the people are on the mt4 forum when responding to legitimate questions from new users.

My answer:

1. Me also.
  2. You've been registered for one and a half years, yet this is your first posting. After you answer a few hundred new user questions, questions that they could have answered themselves with search, then your rant may have some weight. All you've done is have me put you in the do not help list.

3. So where is your answer? The OP asked:
    neozbr: how to limit the number of orders on mt4

You didn't answer it. Where is your code for that? It had better include magic number filtering:

Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.) Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 forum

kares:

I've been a programmer since 1970 in high school.  I use the internet constantly for tips and examples and have managed to stay current with programming styles, trends and techniques.  It amazes me how arrogant the people are on the mt4 forum when responding to legitimate questions from new users.  It frustrates me when I find a thread referring to the exact same question I have and some "know-it-all" posts a link and says read the manual.  You know what?  The manual is not helpful.  Very few examples.   I would make a suggestion to the self proclaimed "Guru's of MT4" to apply a little effort and type an answer.  If you don't know, don't refer someone to the manual.  Just remain quiet and let someone who knows be helpful and answer the question.  It will result in a much better forum where people like me can find quick answers. 

My answer: 

No, there is not.  The only way to limit the number of orders in MT is to keep track of them in your EA code using variable(s) that you set.  There isn't a control setting or menu item to click in the platform to accomplish this. 

Now how hard was that?  How long would you need to read the manual to figure that out?  The answer isn't in the manual.  Just an absence of the function.  My humble suggestion: Post answers to questions.  Don't post links and call the person asking the question stupid or lazy.  You are the lazy one.

In addition to WHRoeder answer, which I completely agree with, I would like to add the following :

• If you want to criticize someone, do it by name. General critics are useless.
  • Your critics are worth nothing. You come here first time and start to insult people (lazy !!!) who helped hundreds or even thousands of people since years.
  • If you read and follow the links, all questions have been answered.

I would make a suggestion to self proclaimed "MT4 newbie" to apply a little effort and make some researches before posting a question. If you see someone, who don't know, be treated harshly, just remain quiet and don't start to insult people who make this forum so useful.

kares:

I've been a programmer since 1970 in high school.  I use the internet constantly for tips and examples and have managed to stay current with programming styles, trends and techniques.  It amazes me how arrogant the people are on the mt4 forum when responding to legitimate questions from new users.  It frustrates me when I find a thread referring to the exact same question I have and some "know-it-all" posts a link and says read the manual.  You know what?  The manual is not helpful.  Very few examples.   I would make a suggestion to the self proclaimed "Guru's of MT4" to apply a little effort and type an answer.  If you don't know, don't refer someone to the manual.  Just remain quiet and let someone who knows be helpful and answer the question.  It will result in a much better forum where people like me can find quick answers. 

My answer: 

No, there is not.  The only way to limit the number of orders in MT is to keep track of them in your EA code using variable(s) that you set.  There isn't a control setting or menu item to click in the platform to accomplish this. 

Now how hard was that?  How long would you need to read the manual to figure that out?  The answer isn't in the manual.  Just an absence of the function.  My humble suggestion: Post answers to questions.  Don't post links and call the person asking the question stupid or lazy.  You are the lazy one.

The question was not specific and was fully answered by Alain in the 2nd post

#define MAX_ORDERS 5

if(OrdersTotal()>=MAX_ORDERS)
     {
      // Don't add new orders
     }
   else
     {
      // You can add new orders
     }

A more specific answer is not possible with such a vague question.