Renko doubt - page 2

Everyone here has made good inputs to this topic, But I was also trying to say that when I first discovered Renko, I saw some software draws the historical bars using close data only which is misleading because it will show more consecutive Renko bars than if they were produced in a live situation.

This is why in the Renko_2 indicator someone in the comment section posted an updated version of the code to have the option to use the high data and low data.

Other than that yes it is preference of how the software wants to define the range of consecutive bars or opposite bars and to include the wicks or not.

Brian Rumbles:

Everyone here has made good inputs to this topic, But I was also trying to say that when I first discovered Renko, I saw some software draws the historical bars using close data only which is misleading because it will show more consecutive Renko bars than if they were produced in a live situation.

This is why in the Renko_2 indicator someone in the comment section posted an updated version of the code to have the option to use the high data and low data.

Other than that yes it is preference of how the software wants to define the range of consecutive bars or opposite bars and to include the wicks or not.

you need to use MT5 because it can read tick data