Restoring the expert traders in Navigator in metatrader 4

Hi

I am using metatrader 4 and I accidentally closed the navigator by pressing the x button next to it.

I have since got back the navigator but the expert traders are no longer there.

I was informed by Oanda which I use for the demo account etc that it may be the case of a reinstall to get them back.

I think that is a bit drastic and they must be sitting somewhere inside MT4.

I would be grateful for assistance.

Thanks.

Cameron. 

southendmetatrader:

Hi

I am using metatrader 4 and I accidentally closed the navigator by pressing the x button next to it.

I have since got back the navigator but the expert traders are no longer there.

I was informed by Oanda which I use for the demo account etc that it may be the case of a reinstall to get them back.

I think that is a bit drastic and they must be sitting somewhere inside MT4.

I would be grateful for assistance.

Thanks.

Cameron. 

The closure of the Navigator window, doesn't delete your Expert Advisors or Indicators from the MT4 platform.

If you only clicked the x button of the Navigator window, your Experts and Indicators should be intact.

If they are not in their place after you reinstated the Navigator window from MT4 >> View >> Navogator, you must have deleted them somehow.

Try to open the MT4 >> File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4 >> Experts and check if your Expert Advisors are still in that folder.

If yes, try to right click the Expert Advisors folder in the Navigator window >> Refresh, to see if they re-appear.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Missing items in navigator

southendmetatrader, 2019.07.11 11:21

Hi

I am missing  items from the navigator.

I have raised a ticket on the forum but nobody has replied so far!.

If somebody could help me out I would appreciate it!.

If not perhaps point me in the right direction to get it resolved!.

I look forward to a response as soon as possible!.

Thanks.

Cameron.