Web Based EA Generators

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with a web based EA code generator. I am looking to generate an EA and have tried EA Buidler but we seem to be at stalemate. The EA works on back test data but will not execute a trade on a live chart. I have gone over the very obvious box ticking exercise of checking all the parameters of the trade execution in the EA and looked into the MT4 platform to see be sure all the correct boxes were ticked for auto trading. Any steer in the right direction of who you would suggest would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

James

The best advice would be not to use it. 

james1972:

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with a web based EA code generator. I am looking to generate an EA and have tried EA Buidler but we seem to be at stalemate. The EA works on back test data but will not execute a trade on a live chart. I have gone over the very obvious box ticking exercise of checking all the parameters of the trade execution in the EA and looked into the MT4 platform to see be sure all the correct boxes were ticked for auto trading. Any steer in the right direction of who you would suggest would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

James

The problem I think is generators produce so many lines of code they are just about impossible to debug. I'd seriously consider learning some MQL yourself. It's a bit of a learning curve, but interesting once you get started. It's hard enough coming up with a good strategy, without all the problems of debugging.

andrew4789:
The problem I think is generators produce so many lines of code they are just about impossible to debug. I'd seriously consider learning some MQL yourself. It's a bit of a learning curve, but interesting once you get started. It's hard enough coming up with a good strategy, without all the problems of debugging.

Thanks for the response and advice. I had an inkling these sites were too good to be true. I have spent countless hours over the last week Googling problems from the log and journal in MT4 to assist EA Builder with the repair and based on the responses I am getting I think they're flat out of the basic check list of suggestions to help resolve. The email thread is now at 30 messages (most of which are mine with screen shots of issue etc) and I have sent them as much data as I can to assist them in resolving the issue. I found it weird that they did not ask for logs or journals and did not even answer some of the questions i posed that may or may not resolve the problem. As they say, you get what you pay for. I will now embark upon learning to code and stumbled upon this site as a starting point. I will most certainly do my research in finding the correct online MQL course. Disappointing, as I have a strategy that I would like to implement and I will need to shelve it upon till I can get a working EA.

Really appreciate your feedback.

James

Marco vd Heijden:
The best advice would be not to use it. 
Thanks Marco for your response. James

james1972: Has anyone had any experience with a web based EA code generator.
EA builder, EATree, fxDreema, FxPro, Molanis, Online Forex Expert AdvisorGenerator, Quant, Visual Trader Studio, MQL5 Wizard, etc. are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.
  • Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
    If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

• EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (Max bars in chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks.) Always use time.
              New candle - MQL4 forum
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers. (pre-Build 500)
    EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
    EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
Learn to code it or or pay (Freelance) someone to code it.

William Roeder:

Hi William, yes I agree and appreciate your comments. All roads are pointing towards upgrading my knowledge in mql coding and I have already laid down the ground work to begin such a course. I will outsource my immediate coding requirements and again thanks for your input.

James