piramyding?

I can't activate the pyramid, do you have any ideas? I would like the first lot to be 0.01 the second 0.02 the third 0.03 etc ...

thanks

* Calculates lot size according to risk and the weight of this trade

* @return   double
*/
double GetLotSize(int Type)
{
   // Lots
   double l_lotz = LotSize;

// Lotsize and restrictions 
   double l_minlot = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT);
   double l_maxlot = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MAXLOT);
   double l_lotstep = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSTEP);

int vp = 0; if(l_lotstep == 0.01) vp = 2; else vp = 1;

// Apply money management
   if(MoneyManagement == true)
   l_lotz = MathFloor(AccountBalance() * RiskPercent / 100.0) / 1000.0;

// Are we piramyding?
   l_lotz = NormalizeDouble (l_lotz , vp);

// size =  MathFloor(size/LotStep)*LotStep;

// Check max/minlot here
   if (l_lotz < l_minlot) l_lotz = l_minlot;
   if(l_lotz > l_maxlot) l_lotz = l_maxlot; 

// Bye!
   return (l_lotz);
}

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

When you post code please use the CODE button (Alt-S)!

Use the CODE button

kji: I can't activate the pyramid, do you have any ideas? I would like the first lot to be 0.01 the second 0.02 the third 0.03 etc ...
  1. The code you posted doesn't have any such logic.
  2. Ideas about what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help
              urgent help.

3. l_lotz = MathFloor(AccountBalance() * RiskPercent / 100.0) / 1000.0;
    Never risk more than a small percentage of your account, certainly less than 2% per trade, 6% total. In code (MT4): Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the pair.
    1. You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
    2. AccountBalance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the spread, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
    3. Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency.
                MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers.
    4. You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
    5. You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
    Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP SL is $5/$10/5=0.1 Lots maximum.

kji:

I can't activate the pyramid, do you have any ideas? I would like the first lot to be 0.01 the second 0.02 the third 0.03 etc ...

thanks

You might look at storing your info in an array, so you can access the previous trades, next lot size, time of next trade or however you are doing it.