Script to calculate the risk of all open orders. Problems with JPY pairs.

Hi guys,

can you tell me what's wrong with my calculations? Works fine on 5-digit-pairs as well as on metals but to get the correct values for JPY pairs I need to divide them by 100.

But why? I thought my calculation is correct for every pair.

void OnStart()
  {
   double openRisk=0;
   for (int i=OrdersTotal(); i>=0; i--) {
      if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS)) {
         if (OrderCloseTime()==0) {
            if (OrderType()==OP_SELL) {
               Print(OrderSymbol()+": "+(OrderOpenPrice()-OrderStopLoss())*OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)+OrderCommission());
               openRisk=openRisk+(OrderOpenPrice()-OrderStopLoss())*OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)+OrderCommission();
            }
            else if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) {
               Print(OrderSymbol()+": "+(OrderStopLoss()-OrderOpenPrice())*OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)+OrderCommission());
               openRisk=openRisk+(OrderStopLoss()-OrderOpenPrice())*OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)+OrderCommission();
            }
         }
      }
   }
   Alert(openRisk);  
}

Marbo:

Hi guys,

can you tell me what's wrong with my calculations? Works fine on 5-digit-pairs as well as on metals but to get the correct values for JPY pairs I need to divide them by 100.

But why? I thought my calculation is correct for every pair.

I've always been using this formula to compute risk: 

PriceDifference/TickSize*LotSize*TickValue

Seng Joo Thio:

I've always been using this formula to compute risk: 

I have modified my script according to your formula but unfortunately it doesn't work:

void OnStart()
  {
   double openRisk=0;
   for (int i=OrdersTotal(); i>=0; i--) {
      if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS)) {
         if (OrderCloseTime()==0) {
            if (OrderType()==OP_SELL) {
               Print(OrderSymbol()+": "+(OrderOpenPrice()-OrderStopLoss())/OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE));
               openRisk=openRisk+(OrderOpenPrice()-OrderStopLoss())/OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE);
            }
            else if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) {
               Print(OrderSymbol()+": "+(OrderStopLoss()-OrderOpenPrice())/OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE));
               openRisk=openRisk+(OrderStopLoss()-OrderOpenPrice())/OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE);
            }
         }
      }
   }
   Alert(openRisk);
}

Marbo:

I have modified my script according to your formula but unfortunately it doesn't work:

Your sequence is wrong.

(PriceDifference/TickSize)*LotSize*TickValue

Divide tick size first, then multiply result with LotSize and TickValue.

Seng Joo Thio:

Your sequence is wrong.

Divide tick size first, then multiply result with LotSize and TickValue.

Obviously you are a maths genius! :)

It works perfect. Thank you very much!