OrderSelect() function blurriness - page 2

angevoyageur:

DOM is pending orders. What else ?

Right, for MQ Trade Server. Or for Forex market and/or MT4 where you don't have a gateway to a centralized market, where orders will really be executed in real time.

But I say the word actually, because at MT5 you do have this gateway and you depends on OMS real way of execute it. And broker rules OMS. Is the very same about stoploss and takeprofit. For Trade Server they are written in stone. But when you send to OMS, using the gateway, broker and his OMS rules the way and when really execute them. And they can wait to send to the market just when prices are the programmed ones.

figurelli:

Right, for MQ Trade Server. Or for Forex market and/or MT4 where you don't have a gateway to a centralized market, where orders will really be executed in real time.

But I say the word actually, because at MT5 you do have this gateway and you depends on OMS real way of execute it. And broker rules OMS. Is the very same about stoploss and takeprofit. For Trade Server they are written in stone. But when you send to OMS, using the gateway, broker and his OMS rules the way and when really execute them. And they can wait to send to the market just when prices are the programmed ones.

What does that mean ? You are insisting to say that "pending orders are not present at DOM" ? What is DOM then according to you ?

angevoyageur:

What does that mean ? You are insisting to say that "pending orders are not present at DOM" ? What is DOM then according to you ?

What I said is written. If you disagree, I respect your point of view.

figurelli:
What I said is written. If you disagree, I respect your point of view.

So, you are thinking you can post such things without any explanation, without even answering a simple question ? Why ?

This has nothing to do with respect or not. An error is an error. When we are programming we don't say "oh dear bug I found you, but I respect you, have a long live". So either, you know something which is beyond our knowledge or you what you wrote is simply not true. In the first case, please explain, otherwise please admit you were wrong.

angevoyageur:

So, you are thinking you can post such things without any explanation, without even answering a simple question ? Why ?

This has nothing to do with respect or not. An error is an error. When we are programming we don't say "oh dear bug I found you, but I respect you, have a long live". So either, you know something which is beyond our knowledge or you what you wrote is simply not true. In the first case, please explain, otherwise please admit you were wrong.

Please, if you want start a topic about architecture outside the gateway, just discussing FIX protocol, OMS softwares and stock exchange servers softwares, please go ahead, I think just a long discussion can lead to truth about this.

No problem if I'm wrong, I'm not the owner of truth and never said that, just sharing my experience and point of view. But I don't think I'm wrong, sorry about that.

Anyway if you have the truth and definitive answer, and consider I'm wrong, I respect it and your point of view.

figurelli:

Please, if you want start a topic about architecture outside the gateway, just discussing FIX protocol, OMS softwares and stock exchange servers softwares, please go ahead, I think just a long discussion can lead to truth about this.

No problem if I'm wrong, I'm not the owner of truth and never said that, just sharing my experience and point of view. But I don't think I'm wrong, sorry about that.

Anyway if you have the truth and definitive answer, and consider I'm wrong, I respect it and your point of view.

Again, please explain you. We are not so experimented that you in such things. Why did you say that "pending orders are not present at DOM" ? How FIX protocol, OMS or a gateway is related to this issue ?

I am on angelvoyageur side. I think figurelli must give a little more details about his point of view. It is not a problem about who is right or wrong, is a problem to explain what you said.