Using BadHoursOfDay to filter trades - page 2

Chris Sthojan:

Hello everyone,

I've generated a strategy using the EA Wizard, and also included the intraday time filter module. I've converted my bit mask for my preferred trading hours (101000000001111110001101=10493837), but the advisor completely ignored the value and still trades all hours. Even if the conversion to binary is not correct, if I have at least one "1" in there, I expect seeing that hour not being traded in the backtest, but that's not the case. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time!

Just generated an RSI based EA with the time filter, psar trailing stop, optimized money management.

Ideal bitmap appears to be for hours 2,3,10,12, and 22. It was 12577779 for EURJPY only in 2019. 

Just make sure your bit map input is under bad hours. My time frame was 1 hour.

strategy_tester:
Just generated an RSI based EA with the time filter, psar trailing stop, optimized money management.

Ideal bitmap appears to be for hours 2,3,10,12, and 22. It was 12577779 for EURJPY only in 2019. 

Just make sure your bit map input is under bad hours. My time frame was 1 hour.

Thanks for your reply!

It seems like the MQL Wizard still needs some work. After finishing a full optimization run earlier today, I was happy with the results that my generated EA got, and decided to re-generate it with the same setup. It works properly now, but from now on I'll have to double check that the modules are working properly before putting time in testing and optimizing a generated EA.