suddenly backtest needs double time and has a different result

Hello, after a restart of win 10 the mt4 backtest (Control Points, M5 EURUSD 2016 to now) suddenly needs 80 seconds instead of 40 before and the test-result is about 2% worse, the same with other EAs.

I checked virus, background programs, made hardware scan and several restarts - it stays slow. What can that be? Was there a mt4 update today? I note that mt4 starts up faster.

Probably because it downloaded more historic data.

Press F2 for history center to check that out.

Marco vd Heijden:

Probably because it downloaded more historic data.

Press F2 for history center to check that out.

Maybe u're right. I don't know if I had M1 data back to 1999 before, I think not. Is there a way to see if data was downloaded recently?

You can delete the history then it will start over so you can see if the result reverts to the previous, but you can also make sure that all history is up to date and use just those analysis.

Marco vd Heijden:
You can delete the history then it will start over so you can see if the result reverts to the previous, but you can also make sure that all history is up to date and use just those analysis.

Yes, that's it. As my EA opens trades only on M5 candle open this effects just the closing. It's like a 4th option as backtesting model: 2% less acuracy as Control points but nearly 3 times faster.

Not as fast as 'Open prices' but much more exact. I prefer that 4th option. I think many developers would like it like that - could be good a idea for mql5 to offer it as 4th option backtesting model!

Thank you Marco!