MT4 from stopped working after last Windows 10 update

Please help with the following:

I installed the last Windows 10 update yesterday (April 6, 2019) and my MT4 from IG Spain, stopped working. This is a real account platform. Other platforms with demo accounts from IC Markets and Oanda, also stopped working after the update.

When I try to reinstall mt4 from IG website, the downloaded setup file does not install it either. And the same hapens with OAnda download.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks you

alvaro0759:

Please help with the following:

I installed the last Windows 10 update yesterday (April 6, 2019) and my MT4 from IG Spain, stopped working. This is a real account platform. Other platforms with demo accounts from IC Markets and Oanda, also stopped working after the update.

When I try to reinstall mt4 from IG website, the downloaded setup file does not install it either. And the same hapens with OAnda download.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks you

I am having problems with my strategy tester but all else seems to be working.  So the entire program won't run?

Yes, it does not get executed. When I run Task manager: it shows a "metatrader" application running but nothing else.

Guys,

Try this.

Download and unpack this zip file on your hard drive (doesn't matter where; I prefer to create my own folder).

Delete the folder called MetaQuotes in your roaming folder: "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\".

Uninstall your current MT4 (if you have an MT4 already installed).

Make sure you have the login information for your trading account ready.

Double-click on the file called terminal.exe, fill-in your login information and hope that it works...

This is a portable version of the MT4, not really portable since it writes into the roaming folder.... but what is important is whether it works...

Let us know if this is OK or whether the problem is more serious with the windows update...

Files:
MT4_Portable.zip  13463 kb

I collected some information related to Windows 10 with Metatrader (issues and fixing) - post 
example from this post -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 Terminal won't open

trevorrees, 2016.08.14 01:57

I had a problem where it would crash before starting up. Reinstalling didnt work nor did resetting the pc. However [in win 10] all you need to do is right click the program and run as administrator and it seems to have bandaided the situation and works fine after that. I found that going into the properties of the shortcut then compadability settings and down the bottom was an option to always run as administrator. havent had another problem yet.

So, remove/delete "metatrader" application from task manager, and try to run as administrator.

I have Windows 10 with MT44 and MT5, but I do not have this issue so I can not help more sorry.

About portable mode - read this small thread (some people say that portable mode may help in some cases/issues) - 

Data folder and use of portable mode

Well, Thank you both for the suggestions.

First, I am calling IG/Oanda tomorrow to see if they know about this issue and will let you know. It is also funy that I cannot download a new installation of MT4 from IG site...

Best