MT5 won't take trades on monthly index data

I have a simple EA that closes a trade at the start of a new bar & then opens a new one. It works fine in Strategy Tester on all timeframes except Monthly (it takes no trades at all). Apparently, it changes Start Time to the current date which seems to explain why it doesn't take trades. Why does it change Start Time to the current date? Monthly works with Forex but not with Indices.

The journal shows:

history synchronized from 2015.05.12 to 2019.04.03

start time changed to 2019.04.04 00:00 to provide data at beginning

Richard:

I have a simple EA that closes a trade at the start of a new bar & then opens a new one. It works fine in Strategy Tester on all timeframes except Monthly (it takes no trades at all). Apparently, it changes Start Time to the current date which seems to explain why it doesn't take trades. Why does it change Start Time to the current date? Monthly works with Forex but not with Indices.

The journal shows:

history synchronized from 2015.05.12 to 2019.04.03

start time changed to 2019.04.04 00:00 to provide data at beginning

Timeframes are sychronized so if You are unable to use a specific timeframe just simply convert from one to the other meaning if you want to use monthly just calculate the number of days typically in the month or week and change the parameters in the EA accordingly.

So in this case you would simply multiply them by 20 (roughly 20/23 trading days in a month) 

Uriel Melliphant:

Timeframes are sychronized so if You are unable to use a specific timeframe just simply convert from one to the other meaning if you want to use monthly just calculate the number of days typically in the month or week and change the parameters in the EA accordingly.

So in this case you would simply multiply them by 20 (roughly 20/23 trading days in a month) 

Thank you for the suggestion; I will try it out. It will be less accurate than I was hoping for. Also, my primary concern is why MT5 changed the Start Time and how that can be prevented.