Extern parameters chnaged programatically

Hello all,

I have EA and it have a lot of extern parameters. One of these parameter has name global_Enabled (bool).  In some scenario I change this parameter value via custom event which is fired from master indicator in other chart.

It works. gobal_Enabled parameter has changed value. But if I open expert parameters dialog (F7), it has still original value. The same is if I use ChartSaveTemplate (after changes of course) and search for global_Enabled. It has still original value.

What is wrong with this approach ?

Thank you for assistance:)

Regards, 

Alex

Alexik44:

Hello all,

I have EA and it have a lot of extern parameters. One of these parameter has name global_Enabled (bool).  In some scenario I change this parameter value via custom event which is fired from master indicator in other chart.

It works. gobal_Enabled parameter has changed value. But if I open expert parameters dialog (F7), it has still original value. The same is if I use ChartSaveTemplate (after changes of course) and search for global_Enabled. It has still original value.

What is wrong with this approach ?

Thank you for assistance:)

Regards, 

Alex

Input variables are constant and cannot be changed. "extern" inputs can be mutated at runtime, but cannot be changed permanently. Your only option is the modify a set file and load the EA from the file. 

Reason: