How to limit the amount of open lots in EA

What is the easiest/best way to keep my EA from opening positions until all of the cash is being used in trading?  Currently I have an EA that is composed of 2 EMA's that places a trade based on the direction of the 2 indicators.  If the conditions are being met, my EA continues to open up new positions until all buying power has been used and then it generates the insufficient funds message in the logs.  I am a novice programmer and want to have the code written in my EA as opposed to using an outside function or class so that I can follow the code as I learn this.

spear:

What is the easiest/best way to keep my EA from opening positions until all of the cash is being used in trading?  Currently I have an EA that is composed of 2 EMA's that places a trade based on the direction of the 2 indicators.  If the conditions are being met, my EA continues to open up new positions until all buying power has been used and then it generates the insufficient funds message in the logs.  I am a novice programmer and want to have the code written in my EA as opposed to using an outside function or class so that I can follow the code as I learn this.

Select your position, check its volume and if it's equal or greater than the desired max volume, then skip new position opening.

I have tried variations of code after "&&" but the orders are still being placed until there is no buying power.  Can I use the method below with modifications or am I going about this wrong?

if(SmoothedBuffer1[1]>SmoothedBuffer2[1] && PositionGetDouble(POSITION_VOLUME) <= LotSize);
      {
         trReq.price=tick.ask;                   // SymbolInfoDouble(NULL,SYMBOL_ASK);
         trReq.sl=tick.ask-_Point*sl;            // Stop Loss level of the order
         trReq.tp=tick.ask+_Point*tp;            // Take Profit level of the order
         trReq.type=ORDER_TYPE_BUY;              // Order type
         OrderSend(trReq,trRez);
      }
      //If TEMAF < TEMAS -> SELL
      if(SmoothedBuffer1[1]<SmoothedBuffer2[1] && PositionGetDouble(POSITION_VOLUME) <= LotSize);
      {
         trReq.price=tick.bid;
         trReq.sl=tick.bid+_Point*sl;            // Stop Loss level of the order
         trReq.tp=tick.bid-_Point*tp;            // Take Profit level of the order
         trReq.type=ORDER_TYPE_SELL;             // Order type
         OrderSend(trReq,trRez);
      }

spear:

I have tried variations of code after "&&" but the orders are still being placed until there is no buying power.  Can I use the method below with modifications or am I going about this wrong?

if(SmoothedBuffer1[1]>SmoothedBuffer2[1] && PositionGetDouble(POSITION_VOLUME) <= LotSize);
      {
         trReq.price=tick.ask;                   // SymbolInfoDouble(NULL,SYMBOL_ASK);
         trReq.sl=tick.ask-_Point*sl;            // Stop Loss level of the order
         trReq.tp=tick.ask+_Point*tp;            // Take Profit level of the order
         trReq.type=ORDER_TYPE_BUY;              // Order type
         OrderSend(trReq,trRez);
      }
      //If TEMAF < TEMAS -> SELL
      if(SmoothedBuffer1[1]<SmoothedBuffer2[1] && PositionGetDouble(POSITION_VOLUME) <= LotSize);
      {
         trReq.price=tick.bid;
         trReq.sl=tick.bid+_Point*sl;            // Stop Loss level of the order
         trReq.tp=tick.bid-_Point*tp;            // Take Profit level of the order
         trReq.type=ORDER_TYPE_SELL;             // Order type
         OrderSend(trReq,trRez);
      }

First, I'd use brackets for complex conditions. Like this:

if((SmoothedBuffer1[1]>SmoothedBuffer2[1]) && (PositionGetDouble(POSITION_VOLUME) <= LotSize));

Second, did you select the position before calling PositionGetDouble(POSITION_VOLUME)?

Third, is LotSize comparable to position's volume?

It's all hard to understand from the piece of code you've inserted.