How sales on mql5 are identified? income from work or royalties?

Hello everyone,
I have doubts about how the incomes coming from mql5 are identified, if I sell a product.

I read the rules of mql5 for developers.

the developers sell licenses of their expert advisor / indicator. for fee from buyers -> so the proceeds, sent to me by mql5 will be royalty? paid by customers, is my reasoning correct?

or

or I sell products, so I'm like a merchant?

I ask these questions to understand how I must declare the proceeds of mql5, in my tax return, in my country

I hope for clarification, from some experienced salesman, accountant or from mql5,

thank you all!

Michela

Michela Russo:

Hello everyone,
I have doubts about how the incomes coming from mql5 are identified, if I sell a product.

I read the rules of mql5 for developers.

the developers sell licenses of their expert advisor / indicator. for fee from buyers -> so the proceeds, sent to me by mql5 will be royalty? paid by customers, is my reasoning correct?

or

or I sell products, so I'm like a merchant?

I ask these questions to understand how I must declare the proceeds of mql5, in my tax return, in my country

I hope for clarification, from some experienced salesman, accountant or from mql5,

thank you all!

Michela

HI, check this:
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/385

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/302

HTH

MQL5.community Payment System
MQL5.community Payment System
  • www.mql5.com
Internal payment system was initially created in MQL5.community for payment of fees to authors of Articles. But the community's life does not stay still, and plenty of services, useful for traders and implying commodity-money relations between two parties, has emerged on the web-site since the launch of the payment system: Market — A store of...

Hello

I have not found answers in these articles

thanks

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

Hello friend, I have bought one of your products the expert advisor "<Deleted>"
I can not find it now on the products page. Please help

Ali Shawka:
Hello friend, I have bought one of your products the expert advisor "<Deleted>"
I can not find it now on the products page. Please help

You either not purchased it with your aliwaheed MQL5 account or you are logged in with your email.

I think it is considered work, since with royalties, you are not actively doing anything.