Scalping strategies from 60/30/15 min ==> 5/1 min

Hi,

I have developed successfully scalping strategies for the 60/30/15 minutes EUR/USD charts (1:1 risk/reward scalping strategies). But because of the Spread I cannot find any winning strategies for the 1/5 minutes charts.

Can anyone give a hint of what to think about for 1/5 minutes charts (using trailing stoploss, or swing trading instead)?

Put the code here to see, we can tell better if see code 

I try to describe it with words instead of code…the problem is the ratio between the “Spread / Distance Price to Stopp Loss”.

Market: EUR/USD
TP: fixed
SL: fixed
Spread:
Setup is based on indicators / price action and SL could be the lowest of the two last bars

60 min chart:

Price

StopLoss

Distance

Ratio

9,8%

(Ratio: Spread/Distance)

This ratio is small enough to give me some winning setups

5 min chart:

Price

StopLoss

Distance

Ration

62%

This ratio is too big => no winning setups

Solutions:
Increase the distance between the price-SL (disadv. No “natural” SL)
Be more selective – take only trades with small enough ratio (disadv. Less trades)
more???

kines23:

I try to describe it with words instead of code…the problem is the ratio between the “Spread / Distance Price to Stopp Loss”.

Market: EUR/USD
TP: fixed
SL: fixed
Spread:
Setup is based on indicators / price action and SL could be the lowest of the two last bars

60 min chart:

Price

StopLoss

Distance

Ratio

9,8%

(Ratio: Spread/Distance)

This ratio is small enough to give me some winning setups

5 min chart:

Price

StopLoss

Distance

Ration

62%

This ratio is too big => no winning setups

Solutions:
Increase the distance between the price-SL (disadv. No “natural” SL)
Be more selective – take only trades with small enough ratio (disadv. Less trades)
more???

Could you show some results you got from the tester for each case ? 

With tight spreads no confusions are allowed when calculating stoploss levels (ask-bid specificities, commissions etc) whereas with ample stoplosses it's unnoticeable

if the case is just the spread then go to another broker there a few out there that there spread is really low some of them without comission

kines23 :

Hello,

I have successfully developed EUR / USD scaling strategies at 60/30/15 minutes (1: 1 risk / reward scalping strategies). But a cause of the spread I can not find a winning strategy for the 1/5 minute charts.

Can anyone dare a suggestion on what to think for 1/5 minute charts (final stop loss company or swing trading)?

Hi, what strategy do you use for 1/5 minutes? I heiken hashi and bands to boil and always present in front of the screen ..... you?

Patrizio Marconi:

Hi, what strategy do you use for 1/5 minutes? I heiken hashi and bands to boil and always present in front of the screen ..... you?

Hi Patrizio,

heiken hashi and bands to boil:
Never tried it but will test it - do u have any ideas?

Right now I testing only "Price Action" combining with "Moving Averages". 

kines23:

Hi Patrizio,

heiken hashi and bands to boil:
Never tried it but will test it - do u have any ideas?

Right now I testing only "Price Action" combining with "Moving Averages". 

Hi kines,

I'm curious where did you learned those price action stuff. Would you mind explaining me or telling where to read?

Btw, if spread is the only issue you have, maybe you should look for another broker. Also, did you take into account the spread in your code? Is your actual broker fixed or variable spread?

I think those things should be taken into account to see if your strategy can be executed in lower timeframes.

Regards.

can u shearing me your strategies  i want the m15  how much pip daily gain 

ppsev:

Hi kines,

I'm curious where did you learned those price action stuff. Would you mind explaining me or telling where to read?

Btw, if spread is the only issue you have, maybe you should look for another broker. Also, did you take into account the spread in your code? Is your actual broker fixed or variable spread?

I think those things should be taken into account to see if your strategy can be executed in lower timeframes.

Regards.

Thanx ppsev!

I just read a lot of books / info - but hav no ONE best book to share. 

FX 1-minute scalping is a day trading strategy, as it involves opening a certain position, gaining a few pips, and then closing the position afterward.