indicator code

Hi everyone.  This is my first time posting anything, so please forgive my ignorance about conduct and format and such.  I have combined some indicators on the same indicator window below my chart.  I was wondering if there was a way to view the code for that window so that I can save it as  and indicator.

Thanx a lot,

Bill

BILLYJOE8:

I have combined some indicators on the same indicator window below my chart. I was wondering if there was a way to view the code for that window so that I can save it as an indicator.

You can save your current chart as a Template. That will save the layout, the indicators, and all their settings.

You can "view" the template, which is just a text file with the extension .tpl.

A template is NOT the same as an indicator.

Hi Anthony,  thanx for responding.  I was able to find a file viewer to see the .tpl file and found where the indicator is within the file.  However, I don't think it is the code needed to save it as an indicator.  Is this correct?  I would like to take it out of the template and save it as a separate indicator or at least see how to code it.  Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way.  hahahaaa

Thanx again,

Bill

I was able to find a file viewer to see the .tpl file and found where the indicator is within the file.  However, I don't think it is the code needed to save it as an indicator.  Is this correct?

Correct.

I would like to take it out of the template and save it as a separate indicator

Can't be done that way.

or at least see how to code it.

Depending upon the indicator, you may already have the code for it:

\MQL5\Indicators\Examples\*