Account statement is not accurate

Hello,

I have a question about printing the correct account statement in MT4 so that I can submit it for tax purposes. I am running MT4 build 1170 on Windows 7.

I want to print account statement for the year 2018 so I have selected 'custom period' while right clicking in the 'Account History' tab of MT4. However after I have saved the custom account statement, I noticed that in printed (HTM) version of the account report, the account balance is always changed to the account balance at current date (which is 3rd January now) . I cannot submit the account statement which does not show the balance at December 31st.

My broker has directed me to contact  MetaQuotes support. However I cannot even submit this bug to the help desk as help desk only accepts questions about financial issues. 

What can I do and who should I contact regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Hello friend,

I think the market was closed on the 31th December 2018. maybe try printing the statement from the 28 or 29th of December.2018.

raindrop:

Hello,

I have a question about printing the correct account statement in MT4 so that I can submit it for tax purposes. I am running MT4 build 1170 on Windows 7.

I want to print account statement for the year 2018 so I have selected 'custom period' while right clicking in the 'Account History' tab of MT4. However after I have saved the custom account statement, I noticed that in printed (HTM) version of the account report, the account balance is always changed to the account balance at current date (which is 3rd January now) . I cannot submit the account statement which does not show the balance at December 31st.

My broker has directed me to contact  MetaQuotes support. However I cannot even submit this bug to the help desk as help desk only accepts questions about financial issues. 

What can I do and who should I contact regarding this issue?

Thanks.

On custom period date calendar, on FROM, type 2018.01.01. In the TO side, type 2018.12.31

Press OK and wait for it to build the list

GrumpyDuckMan:

Hello friend,

I think the market was closed on the 31th December 2018. maybe try printing the statement from the 28 or 29th of December.2018.

Onyebuchim Obike:

On custom period date calendar, on FROM, type 2018.01.01. In the TO side, type 2018.12.31

Press OK and wait for it to build the list

Thanks for both of your replies.  I have already selected the custom dates of from 2018.01.01 to 2018.12.31 and it displays the correct account balance till 31st December. However problem starts when I try to save the report. When I save the report as HTML document, then the account balance & statement date is always changed to the account balance at current date (which is 4th January now) 

GrumpyDuckMan, I tried to select the dates from 1st January to 29th December and MT4 displays the account history till 29th December, but when I save the statement, the balance is shown on current date which is now 4th January.  You can also try it yourself by selecting an account statement for a custom date till few months ago and try to save it and see how does the saved statement looks like.

I believe this is a bug in the statement generation algorithm. How can I contact MetaQuotes help desk for help.