My growth in a given month not the same as a Signal Provider - any clue as to why?

Hi folks,

This has been a problem/question for a while that I have been trying to figure out but I cannot! 

What I have noticed through 2018 is that my growth is usually not the same as the provider in that given month. For example, Provider may have achieved 6% growth in December but I only 4.5% - does anyone know what are the causes of this? Usually I see 1 or 2% difference each month.

Thoughts?

1-  I know it could be slippage but my slippage is minimal (like 0 or a couple of pips per trade) because I use same broker and account type as provider, plus I use MQL VPS so ping is very low. So I just don't see how that could be the cause of a large difference....even if totaled up?

2-  Could it be the currency conversion playing a factor? I'm GBP and they are USD.

3 - Could it be that we are only allowed to use 95% of our balance when coping? But could that really affect my growth difference for a given month by 1-2%?

4 - Could it be lot sizes? I have a slightly bigger account than provider so how could that be the cause?

Or is it something else that I'm not aware of?  Or a combination of above?

Thanks for any advice!

Joe

JoeLive:

Hi folks,

This has been a problem/question for a while that I have been trying to figure out but I cannot! 

What I have noticed through 2018 is that my growth is usually not the same as the provider in that given month. For example, Provider may have achieved 6% growth in December but I only 4.5% - does anyone know what are the causes of this? Usually I see 1 or 2% difference each month.

Thoughts?

1-  I know it could be slippage but my slippage is minimal (like 0 or a couple of pips per trade) because I use same broker and account type as provider, plus I use MQL VPS so ping is very low. So I just don't see how that could be the cause of a large difference....even if totaled up?

2-  Could it be the currency conversion playing a factor? I'm GBP and they are USD.

3 - Could it be that we are only allowed to use 95% of our balance when coping? But could that really affect my growth difference for a given month by 1-2%?

4 - Could it be lot sizes? I have a slightly bigger account than provider so how could that be the cause?

Or is it something else that I'm not aware of?  Or a combination of above?

Thanks for any advice!

Joe

Yes, the answer is between your lines.

The most important factor for not having the same growth is the slippage between your broker/server and the signal provider's.

The second well known problem is the participation percentage in signal's copying which is limited to up to 95%. This in addition to the fact that MQL5 signal copying system, calculates the copying ratio after 10% in steps of 5, may result in a smaller lot size that you should have and that of course affects the final growth. For example if your correct copying ratio is 19,8% MQL5 is rounding this down to 15%, so instead of having almost 20% of the signal's lot size, you end up having only 15%!

Thanks Eleni for your help :)