Building An Algorithm With Multiple Currency Pairs

Hi All,

I am a python developer that is looking to start building on the MQL4 platform. However, I do have the following question and would be greatly appreciated if you could could shed some slight on it;

Is it possible to build a algorithm by using multiple pairs. By this I mean can you import more than one currency pair into your code so you can compare and analyse. For example in Quantopian you can pull arrays of stocks into your code while in a program like Pro real time charts you can only write an algorithm for one currency pair at a time. So for example you cant build an algorithm that buys the USDEUR if USDJPY fails 20 SMA.

I look forward to hearing from you ,

Simone

Yes.

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes.

Cheers for that do you have a link for the appropriate documentation ?

Kind Regards 

Simone Gill:

Cheers for that do you have a link for the appropriate documentation ?

Kind Regards 

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) is a high-level language designed for developing technical indicators, trading robots and utility applications, which automate financial trading. MQL5 has been developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. for their trading platform. The language syntax is very close to C++ enabling programmers to develop applications in...