MT5 / Backtesting tick data

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and also new to trading in general so please bear with me if I might ask questions which are obvious to the senior traders.

In the last weeks I did a lot of researching and I learned that backtesting is key before going online with an EA. I also learned that accuracy of the tick data is extremely important and 90% accuracy will most likely lead to losses if the EA will run under real market conditions. In MT4 there is obviously the possibility to import external tick data but what about MT5? Is it possible to import external data? What is the correct way to achieve 99% backtesting accuracy with MT5? Maybe there is a tutorial I missed?

Thanks!

KsSpam:I'm new here and also new to trading in general so please bear with me if I might ask questions which are obvious to the senior traders.

In the last weeks I did a lot of researching and I learned that backtesting is key before going online with an EA. I also learned that accuracy of the tick data is extremely important and 90% accuracy will most likely lead to losses if the EA will run under real market conditions. In MT4 there is obviously the possibility to import external tick data but what about MT5? Is it possible to import external data? What is the correct way to achieve 99% backtesting accuracy with MT5? Maybe there is a tutorial I missed?

MT5 already provides real tick data from the broker for back-testing (out of the box). Also, if you really want to import 3rd party tick data, then you can do that also (its called Custom Symbols).