Is it allowed to sell custom indicators on own website?

Hi MQL team,

is it allowed to sell my own custom indicators on my website (in addition to the mql market)?

Of course they are custom made, not copied or something.

Thanks in advance!

The only thing I could find was:

The Product must not:

• contain links to external resources to be used as a description;

Source: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

However, I've seen people linking to their own website that allows you to purchase the product, so I'm guessing it's perfectly fine.

In fact, I see people doing a few things that either I was prohibited from doing or didn't think was possible, such as "misspellings" (even if you intended for your product to be spelled that way) or the product description lacking the required information.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...

OK thanks guys.
I have also seen people selling their indicators on their pages an not in the mql Market at all, so I guess it's okay.

knafteN:
OK thanks guys.
I have also seen people selling their indicators on their pages an not in the mql Market at all, so I guess it's okay.

If you care about your seller account, I would contact MQL5.com directly to get clarification before proceeding.

And if you do, please post back here with their response.

Personally, I would imagine they'd want to protect their interest ($$$) and the buyer's interest (quality assurance, refund, dispute settlement, etc), but then again, there are sellers posting links to purchase the product on their own website, so... 🤷‍♂️

knafteN:

Hi MQL team,

is it allowed to sell my own custom indicators on my website (in addition to the mql market)?

Of course they are custom made, not copied or something.

Thanks in advance!

Of course it is allowed. You can sell them wherever you want. 

All rights for your products remain at you so you can sell them on your website as well.