Does anybody know what 'pen creation error [87]' means? - page 2

Ex Ovo Omnia :

Thank you for the info.

• In this particular case, I have a group of 17 edit boxes, and 6 rectangles (no other objects or indicators on the chart)
  • The colours use unified style (repeating patterns with the same colours), and actually this indicator panel was the simplest I had.
  • In the task manager the terminal displays using 38MB (of 8GB RAM).
  • I tried the 32-bit system, and the same error.

I do not expect that 23 custom objects might cause a resource problem even if they had combined all colours of a parrot. Moreover, it does not happen always - in the morning it reported no error, while now it keeps displaying them regardless on whether I restart the terminal.

I go on more testing, however I have also other issues, so this one I might investigate later.

When you have time, if you can provide a test case, Metaquotes will check.

Taras Slobodyanik:
Try to do Profiling your code.
In MT5, many functions work differently than in MT4. For example, the chart has a queue of calls to graphic objects.

Yes, these are the other issues. I have to discover the difference and fix the code before continuing with the 'pen' error.

Alain Verleyen:

When you have time, if you can provide a test case, Metaquotes will check.

The mystery is solved, there were uninitialised variables for the x&y integer coordinates in my code at the time of ObjectCreate() invocation, so they were often quite large (probably some range is expected). In MT4 they were implicitly initialised.