Info on Constructors

I'm new to MQL , and was wondering why I'm not able to print any information on the chart.

Also I'm curious to know what the purpose of  " :: " serve and how it is related to constructors.

Any helpful links to other resources would be greatly appreciated since the Documentation isn't as informative as I hoped it would be.

CHeers!   

noobieToMQL:

I'm new to MQL , and was wondering why I'm not able to print any information on the chart.

Also I'm curious to know what the purpose of  " :: " serve and how it is related to constructors.

Any helpful links to other resources would be greatly appreciated since the Documentation isn't as informative as I hoped it would be.

CHeers!   

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/basis/operations/other and scroll down to: 

Scope Resolution Operation ( :: )

Basically you use it to specify the class to which the function/constructor/destructor belongs to, as it is a good programming habit to keep the function body outside the class so that your class only presents function declarations (except inline functions). Then, using scope resolution operator, you can provide the entire function body outside the class, so that your class looks brief and thus is easier to analyze. 

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Operations and Expressions / Other Operations
  • www.mql5.com
Language Basics / Operations and Expressions / Other Operations - Documentation on MQL5

Thanks!

Are there any other good resources for learning MQL language? books, etc... 

noobieToMQL:

Thanks!

Are there any other good resources for learning MQL language? books, etc... 

I don;t think so, not yet. Search thru documentation and this forum.