is hidden stop orders the same as merket execution

hello guys

i need your advice .

i am panning to place a section in my EA code.

that should place sell stop and buy stop in some places.

but i don't want to get trapped by gaps , fast market movements  etc...and after slippage those will active in bad place .

and sometimes , some of them will activate on the same point in bad place.

for example :

sell stop at 1.14289

sell stop at  1.14125

sell stop at 1.13984

current price is 1.15002 and a gap from this price will occur and slip 3 sell stops and activate them on price 1.12087.

so i think instead of that it is better to use market execution or hidden sell stop / buy stop orders.

for example :

hidden sell stop at 1.14289

hidden sell stop at  1.14125

hidden sell stop at 1.13984

or

sell  at 1.14289

then

sell  at  1.14125

then

sell  at 1.13984

what do you think which one is better hidden sell/ buy stops or sell/buy  execution ?

EA will trade safer with which one?

thank you

Seyedmajid Masharian:

what do you think which one is better hidden sell/ buy stops or sell/buy  execution ?

EA will trade safer with which one?

thank you

if by "safer" you mean avoiding un-predicted and unavoidable out of control situation, then execution of each Sell/Buy in it's time, is safer.
this way you won't end up with a position missing SL/TP. (the position wouldn't exist if EA wasn't there to open it.)
and you can adjust the decisions AFTER gaps happen. so they can surprise you only once.

Code2219 or probably 2319:

if by "safer" you mean avoiding un-predicted and unavoidable out of control situation, then execution of each Sell/Buy in it's time, is safer.
this way you won't end up with a position missing SL/TP. (the position wouldn't exist if EA wasn't there to open it.)
and you can adjust the decisions AFTER gaps happen. so they can surprise you only once.

so do you mean market execution works safer than hidden pending order am i right?

Seyedmajid Masharian:

so do you mean market execution works safer than hidden pending order am i right?

based on the thing you're trying to avoid, yes.
(by the way, pending orders you're referring to are your SL/TPs or the actual pending order ? )

Code2219 or probably 2319:
based on the thing you're trying to avoid, yes.
(by the way, pending orders you're referring to are your SL/TPs or the actual pending order ? )

sell stop and buy stop

Seyedmajid Masharian:

sell stop and buy stop

A Stoploss is a Stop order which is also a market order (on the broker side). There is no difference between them other than how it is represented on your chart. How it works is your terminal sends a pending price to the broker server and then the broker server sends the order to market when price is >= stop price. So if you have your order as pending then you will guaranteed to get filled before any other client terminals can send in a "market order". This isn't always ideal, however, since a lot of times price will spike, the stop order is filled at the extremum and then rebounds. You're better off using a hard-stop for emergencies then programming stop-limit stop-outs into your algo so price goes past your stop point and then you set a limit order to capture a small rebound or trail it down. 

I just understood your question now.
answer still stands the same.
to avoid the gap problem you mentioned, use market Sell/Buy when the time/price conditions are met, and not relying on orders.

nicholi shen:

A Stoploss is a Stop order which is also a market order (on the broker side). There is no difference between them other than how it is represented on your chart. How it works is your terminal sends a pending price to the broker server and then the broker server sends the order to market when price is >= stop price. So if you have your order as pending then you will guaranteed to get filled before any other client terminals can send in a "market order". This isn't always ideal, however, since a lot of times price will spike, the stop order is filled at the extremum and then rebounds. You're better off using a hard-stop for emergencies then programming stop-limit stop-outs into your algo so price goes past your stop point and then you set a limit order to capture a small rebound or trail it down. 

that's what i thought he is asking as well.
I think he's concerned about his trade openings, not the SL and/or TPs.

any other opinion welcome here...