MQ4 - StringConcatenate - how to include iOpen?

Been struggling for hours now on apparently easy task. If someone could point out my error, please? I would like to use StringConcatenate with "iOpen" (or iTime, iHigh, iLow, iClose).

EURUSD_M1_OPEN  = iOpen("EURUSD",PERIOD_M1,1); // this is the default way, working. 

Instead, I would like to avoid hard-coding the currencies part into the code. Reason: many currencies in the list and I would like to be able to swap currencies out with changing the name of currency in one place only.

To accomplish that, I am looking at the following option:

string cur_1  = "EURUSD";
double cur_1_open;

Attempt A. 
cur_1_open  = StringConcatenate(iOpen+cur_1,"PERIOD_M1","1");

Attempt B. 
cur_1_open  = StringConcatenate(iOpen+"(\"+cur_1+\",PERIOD_M1,1)");

Both attempts give me the same ERROR: 'iOpen' - undeclared identifier;

What am I doing wrong? Why is it asking for the iOpen to be "declared", if the "default" way of coding it iOpen("EURUSD",PERIOD_M1,1) does NOT ask for the iOpen to be "declared". Am I using the StringConcatenate plain wrong?

• stackoverflow.com
Been struggling for hours now on apparently easy task. If someone could point out my error, please? I would like to use with "iTime" (or iOpen, iHigh, iLow, iClose). Instead, I would like to avoid hard-coding the currencies part into the code. Reason: many currencies in the list and I would like to be able to swap currencies out with changing...

Curious Mind:
Am I using the StringConcatenate plain wrong?

You don't need StringConcatenate().

Do something like this:

string cur_1 = "EURUSD"; 
double cur_1_open = iOpen(cur_1,PERIOD_M1,1);
if ( cur_1_open == 0 )
{
    Print("Error ", GetLastError());
}

Anthony Garot:

You don't need StringConcatenate().

Do something like this:

That was it! Can't believe how I'd miss that!! Much appreciated, Anthony Garot!!