Experts: Stop Hunter - page 6

First of all, thank you mt-coder for your work.

I have a question - why your EA takes so little profit and makes relatively big stop losses?

hiptrip:

I have a question - why your EA takes so little profit and makes relatively big stop losses?

Hi,

Spread can be the killer factor.

mt-coder:
hiptrip:

Hi,

Spread can be the killer factor.

Hi MT-Coder,

Nice job on the EA Code.

Was having a few issues with it and they were:

• Orders not closing at the TP
  • Numerous BuyStops & SellStops being submited but not being deleted
  • Many of the Stop Orders were being filled beyond the MaxBuy and MaxSell setting (1).

Now I had modified the MinLotSize to 0.01 from 0.1. It turns out that a number of your CloseOrder function had 0.1 for Lot. I changed this to OrderLots() and it seems to resolve the orders not closing at TP and the EA adheres to the MaxBuy & MaxSell settings.

I also went over the logic flow of the IF Statements. I found a few issues with them and modified the syntax of it. This appears to have fixed the Numerous BuyStop and SellStop orders that are now being deleted if they are no longer needed.

I still have an issue with the EA opening numerous BuyStop and SellStop orders when I load the EA on to another Chart (i.e.: GBPUSD) when I already have another incident running (i.e.:EURUSD). I insured the Magic Number was unique to each incident but the issue is still there. I reviewed your code again but have yet found the issue.

If you have any thoughts, I would appreciate it.

Happy Trading!

Hi MT-Coder,

I hope you can read this note even if you seems disappeared for long time))

I met a problem when backtesting your EA . I have to admit that I'm lucky enough to have a charming result as mr4x described at the very 1st time.

but after that, the lucky godness flies away from me, all of results are negative, the slope is exactly opposite to one in figure on 1st time.

do you have any idea what is root cause? any suggestions or advices are in need eagerly.

PS:I am quite sure all settings of following tests are same as the 1st time.

Thanks for your hard work once again!

This idea is great but it will give more benefit if some extra variables can be added.

I am just sharing my idea here

When the EA is active it will open order in different price and the price step can be set like every 5 pips gap EA will open a stop order

And the next orders can be multiply.

I am not a coder but tried to do the first one by changing variables name and magic number as i said i am not a coder so i failed.

If the coder of the stop hunter find my idea interesting you can edit this EA with new settings.

Thnx is advance

This EA is an account killer strategy!

This EA is an account killer strategy!