Experts: Stop Hunter - page 2

I can see some people are facing a problem setting the value of Zeroes. I'll fix it soon, stay tuned !

I didn't tested your EA but it seems to have some problems,

In your graphics tests, you put risk_percent of 10 and 40. This risk_percent, is it a position sizing ? The percentage amount of your balance that you accept to lose on a bad trade ? If yes, then your graphics are not reflecting that, I think your EA calculate the position sizing with a consideration of 150 points, but place orders of 15 points. So, with these settings on a 5 digits brokers your EA acts like a scalping one. But if your stoplosses are also that near of the opening position, and the majority of testings (time periods and symbols) give graphics like that then it, at least, confirm the "attraction" of the "00 levels".

I'm actually writing this EA, maybe i'll put it here when it's finished.

squallmat:

You didn't test it and you can say that just from the graphics? That's either genius or just lame...

I made the update for the Zeroes setting problem. Now it should be working on all pairs and all brokers.

If at the bottom of the message you see "Latest Update: 2010.09.06" then it has been approved by moderators and you can download the fixed version, if it is still "Latest Update: 2010.08.30 17:40" then wait few more hours...

Good luck !

mt-coder:
squallmat:

You didn't test it and you can say that just from the graphics? That's either genius or just lame...

I explained on my message what i seen, and why i think there is maybe a problem on your actual (now old) implementation. Like i said : "seems".

that was just to help, or at least share with other my thought. but you respond like i hurt you, do you i think i say that to "interfere" with your potential donation ?

Please, stop being disrespectful.

And to reiterate, if the risk_percent is a position sizing there is a problem apparent on the graphics, there is clearly no loss equivalent of this position. But maybe it's just that the risk_percent is not a position sizing ?

squallmat:

And to reiterate, if the risk_percent is a position sizing there is a problem apparent on the graphics, there is clearly no loss equivalent of this position. But maybe it's just that the risk_percent is not a position sizing ?

Hi squalmatt,

I didn't mean to be discrespectful, it just that the code is public and your question was so obvious with an obvious answer:it is position sizing, and the loss you are talking about doesn't seem to be so apparent because the gains win it back very quickly...

just give it a test mate ; )

It has been 24 hours since I made the update and not yet approved, any moderators here?

Until the update is approved you can download the fixed version on my website http://mt-coder.110mb.com/download_stop_hunter.html

GBPUSD Full statement: http://mt-coder.110mb.com/GBPUSD_StrategyTester.html

Hi mt-coder

i downloaded the latest version from your website. but i see that it is not closing the trade when it reaches the tp, either it continues to add more profit without closing it or it gets back and it closes alone at a loss. the sl is working, but not the tp.

as for your great work and your responses to us i will rate you 10

Regards

mt-coder:

It has been 24 hours since I made the update and not yet approved, any moderators here?

HI latest version from your site still places a huge amount of pending orders. Over 300 until I removed it. All at the same level. Thanks