Why is there so much stress and anger in this forum? - page 3

Sergey Golubev:

This is the global story (your words) - "Unfortunately, there seems to be a lingering feeling of anger and frustration from the regulars and I am interested in understanding why (hence the post).", right?

I do not know what a "global story" is. 

This may be because I am a relatively new. You put the word "story" in quotation marks so it appeared that you were directly quoting me.

And this is the fact, or your opinion/feeling? We are discussing here the feeling/opinion, or we are discussing here the facts? Of opinion/feeling so why we have 3 pages on this thread? If the facts so where is the proof and what to do?

"There appears to be a feeling of contempt from those in the know towards those who are new and need to ask questions. This mentality seems backwards. If you harbour such feelings, then I think the best future course of action would be to stop posting/replying on here. If you are a moderator and you hate it... just stop, life is too short!"

------------------

That is why I replied on this "deep way".

----------------

koranged:

Do you want me to link each and every occasion in which I have encountered stress or anger on this forum? Or would you just like me to confirm whether or not I made this entire post because of your comment to me 15 minutes earlier? If it's the later then no, I did not create this entire post because of your message to me. The most basic answer to your question would be "everywhere", hence the creation of the post. 

Yes I was wondering.

Anyway, of course there are stress and anger on this forum, but also a lot of other things. We are trying to improve that and any positive suggestion is welcome.

koranged:

I do not know what a "global story" is. 

This may be because I am a relatively new. You put the word "story" in quotation marks so it appeared that you were directly quoting me.

I put word "story" to turn the discussion to be in more easy way.

Because this "story" sorry ("Unfortunately, there seems to be a lingering feeling of anger and frustration from the regulars and I am interested in understanding why (hence the post)") is just your opinion ..and I am having the different opinion ... and my personal opinion is not discussed on 3 pages here ... why?
:)

Anyway, it is good discussion.

Sergey Golubev:

And this is the fact, or your opinion/feeling? We are discussing here the feeling/opinion, or we are discussing here the facts? Of opinion/feeling so why we have 3 pages on this thread? If the facts so where is the proof and what to do?

"There appears to be a feeling of contempt from those in the know towards those who are new and need to ask questions. This mentality seems backwards. If you harbour such feelings, then I think the best future course of action would be to stop posting/replying on here. If you are a moderator and you hate it... just stop, life is too short!"

------------------

That is why I replied on this "deep way".

----------------

This thread is exclusively opinion. Nobody can prove that anybody else is wrong so it is opinion. 

We have 3 pages of the thread because there are clearly a lot of people who wish to express their opinions.

Is "deep way" another piece of jargon? 

Either way you have expressed your opinion and so have I and others, which as mentioned was the purpose of the thread. I have listened to you guys and will try and be more diligent with checking for duplicate posts, posting in the right section and so forth, hopefully you guys can take on board my message which is that not everyone here is a twat who wants something for free, there are actually some people here (myself definitely included) who want to learn and appreciate the nuggets of information that moderators and others provide! I know I speak for others on this forum when I say that we are here to learn!!!

Alain Verleyen:

Yes I was wondering.

Anyway, of course there are stress and anger on this forum, but also a lot of other things. We are trying to improve that and any positive suggestion is welcome.

Great! I can get down with that.

koranged:

Is "deep way" another piece of jargon? 

For example, this post (with a lot of links) is "deep way" - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/271021#comment_8294244 - because I think the newbies are reading this thread as well.
So, my posts are mainly related to newbies. That is why - "deep way/deeply/elaborated" ... "can you elaborate?" ... "yes! this post"
:)

So, I can elaborate my opinion.

Why is there so much stress and anger in this forum?
Why is there so much stress and anger in this forum?
  • www.mql5.com
This forum is a fantastic resource for programmers of all levels, from beginners looking to plug the gaps in their understanding to the adept who m...

koranged:

This thread is exclusively opinion. Nobody can prove that anybody else is wrong so it is opinion. 

We have 3 pages of the thread because there are clearly a lot of people who wish to express their opinions.

Is "deep way" another piece of jargon? Because I did not say that either lol.

Either way you have expressed your opinion and so have I and others, which as mentioned was the purpose of the thread. I have listened to you guys and will try and be more diligent with checking for duplicate posts, posting in the right section and so forth, hopefully you guys can take on board my message which is that not everyone here is a twat who wants something for free, there are actually some people here (myself definitely included) who want to learn and appreciate the nuggets of information that moderators and others provide! I know I speak for others on this forum when I say that we are here to learn!!!

You have to understand that people who are here to learn is a minority here. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Also most people here, including moderators, don't have English as mother tongue.

I regularly noticed than people feel offended when there was no wrong intention on the other side, a matter of perception as you said.

In my opinion, the best way to improve things is to talk to the specific person who answered with "stress and anger". However, it's sometimes just impossible to talk with some members here.

Alain Verleyen:

You have to understand that people who are here to learn is a minority here. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Also most people here, including moderators, don't have English as mother tongue.

I regularly noticed than people feel offended when there was no wrong intention on the other side, a matter of perception as you said.

In my opinion, the best way to improve things is to talk to the specific person who answered with "stress and anger". However, it's sometimes just impossible to talk with some members here.

Okay well unless you can provide hard proof of this 'fact', I will have to take it as your opinion. 

In relation to languages, that is probably true, the message's sentiment can easily be lost in translation, I hadn't considered this. 

& the stress and anger is something I perceive to be widespread, so messaging every single person would have took a lot longer than simply posting a quick thread.