Error opening history file of symbol name EURUSD..r

Hi,

I am trying to read from history file using an EA, but I encountered a problem with a certain broker, in which the symbol names end in [..r], i.e: EURUSD..r

When I try to use the FileOpenHistory function with this filename, I receive an error 4101 - Wrong File Name.

On any other broker with other symbol names I succeed in this task.

By the way, I tried Windows API's function CreateFileW, but I get the same result, unable to open the file for reading.

Of course, when I manually open the file or create a new file with the Windows Explorer, I succeed, there's no problem there.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated!

Tom Sasson:

Hi,

I am trying to read from history file using an EA, but I encountered a problem with a certain broker, in which the symbol names end in [..r], i.e: EURUSD..r

When I try to use the FileOpenHistory function with this filename, I receive an error 4101 - Wrong File Name.

On any other broker with other symbol names I succeed in this task.

By the way, I tried Windows API's function CreateFileW, but I get the same result, unable to open the file for reading.

Of course, when I manually open the file or create a new file with the Windows Explorer, I succeed, there's no problem there.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated!

I've found the solution since then, I use Windows API functions to do file reading/writing operations and it works perfectly.