how to fix 10-20 seconds Delay for update the chart?

Hi every one,

I am using MT4 and trading with TRUE ECN account. Some times chart getting 10-20 seconds for update live price. That is not always happen. Sometimes it happen with my EA and indicators.

When my EA put a order then it  place after some seconds ago. 

When i print TimeCurrent() on the chart it stuck and draw real time with some delay. After that it working well. But few minutes later it again happen.

How that happen?

Is that related to my Internet connection and my Operating System?

How to setup MT4 for fast execution?

How to setup Windows Operating system for fast MT4?

How to fix this kind of problem correctly?

Thank you.

Please move to MT5.

Thushara Dissanayake:

Hi every one,

I am using MT4 and trading with TRUE ECN account. Some times chart getting 10-20 seconds for update live price. That is not always happen. Sometimes it happen with my EA and indicators.

When my EA put a order then it  place after some seconds ago. 

When i print TimeCurrent() on the chart it stuck and draw real time with some delay. After that it working well. But few minutes later it again happen.

How that happen?

Is that related to my Internet connection and my Operating System?

How to setup MT4 for fast execution?

How to setup Windows Operating system for fast MT4?

How to fix this kind of problem correctly?

Thank you.

It can be any of these reasons, or a poorly coded EA/Indicator that "freezes" your MT4, or too much resources used.

Any other suggestions for fast execution? What about internet and operating system side? How to to config windows etc?

MT5...

If you want it fast.

MT4 is like molasses.

Thushara Dissanayake: I am using MT4 and trading with TRUE ECN account. Some times chart getting 10-20 seconds for update live price. That is not always happen. How that happen?

There can be minutes between ticks during the Asian session.

Put a count down timer on your chart and you will know whether the terminal is really delayed.
          Indicators: Zero Lag Timer - Indices - Articles, Library comments - MQL5 programming forum

Thushara Dissanayake:
Any other suggestions for fast execution? What about internet and operating system side? How to to config windows etc?

Decrease the number of bars shown on each chart to the minimum accepted by your indicators

Confirm that your computer is not mining cryptos