Indicators: Candle Patterns - page 2

veeco:

i try to attach the indicator, and find many information show as "black candle" or "white candle".. well this is not a candlestick patter, any idea how to exclude this info ? also i found some inappropriate pattern, anybody has the best setting to display a good pattern recognation ?

Hi Veeco, it is working well so far; but you can go into "edit" of this Candle Pattern to make adjustments that suit your 'securities_in_trade' for each one is different. For example, Trend_MA & Trend_Shift, color choices, .... etc ....; and open Chart(s) timeline(s) may be may be adjusted to suit. Good luck with it!

veeco, as documented in sub-directory "experts\files\" click on file "Candle Patterns.csv" where each candle pattern may be toggled ON or OFF by editing column 1 "Display pattern", 1=Display or 0=Hide.

Where's the ex4 file?,,can't use it cos it only provides mq4 file...

Calvino, welcome to the forum. Click on "MetaEditor" -> "MQL Navigator" -> "Files" -> "indicators", click (or double click) on "Candle Patterns.mq4". Click on "Compile".

Either right click on a chart and select "Template" -> "Candle patterns".

Or click on "Indicators" -> "Custom" -> "Candle Patterns" and modify the parameter "Inputs" (if required).

I have FxPro as my broker and I am attempting to use your wonderful indicator on the FTSE100 index chart but yet when I install it on the chart it always comes back with errors something like Symbol not Found etc... What gives, do you know? Thanks much and excellent indicator!

Keith, Welcome to the forum. In sub-directory "\experts\files" look for file "Symbols_.csv" and add symbol "FTSE100" with audio translation as "foot c", you will have to experiment as that instrument is not available on my platform to test, as a last resort toggle Audio off.

Hi, I already attach all the file, Can you advise when can I enter to buy / sell, sorry I am new in forex. Please

keryfx:

Hi, I already attach all the file, Can you advise when can I enter to buy / sell, sorry I am new in forex. Please

Never enter a trade based on candle sticks solely; but it is very useful to know about this candle program as a guide working with other indicators. Learn how to trade by: 1/ PLaying the smallest lot available till you mature as a LOSER; and 2/ Never trust any broker firm no matter who and what awards they possess for the end of the day, you have to rely on platforms to trade. If platforms are being 'played to their wishes' with "OFF & ON" scenarios, how could you ever trade reliably and confidently? All they could say shall be "your ISP is bad" or "you are the only player in our client list suffering this logout problem". The best bet to trade is to go thru a learning cycle and pick out a most reliable platform of any broker or FCM firm. Do more researches well and proper!

helee, thank you very much for helping out and i am deeply grateful as i am in South Africa at the moment visiting sick relatives, take care, Teddy.

sxTed:

helee, thank you very much for helping out and i am deeply grateful as i am in South Africa at the moment visiting sick relatives, take care, Teddy.

Hi Ted, you are more than welcome about my 'little help' in comparison to your contributions herein. Codes of yours are very clear and concise; and so far those I had tried like CLOSE_ALL script are very reliable. Hope your relatives get well soon. Good luck.