Is there a way to get the current actual time in the tester as well

I used TimeCurrent() to get the current server time.. But when used it in the tester, TimeCurrent() becomes the time of the chart time at which the strategy tester is running.. I want a way to get the current time to appear on the tester.. (Tried to get the local time as well, it also equals to TimeCurrent() when called in the Tester)
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.. :-)

pipspider:

I used TimeCurrent() to get the current server time.. But when used it in the tester, TimeCurrent() becomes the time of the chart time at which the strategy tester is running.. I want a way to get the current time to appear on the tester.. (Tried to get the local time as well, it also equals to TimeCurrent() when called in the Tester)
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.. :-)

Only way I know is through a DLL call.

My advice: just don't do it.

Eventually you will want to do some optimization using remote agents or sell your EA or some such thing where you have to turn DLL calls off, and then you are back to square 1.

Anthony Garot:

Only way I know is through a DLL call.

My advice: just don't do it.

Eventually you will want to do some optimization using remote agents or sell your EA or some such thing where you have to turn DLL calls off, and then you are back to square 1.

Hello Anthony, Thank you very much for your reply,
Just for learning purposes, could you show me how to call the function via a DLL call, because I am not experienced in working with DLLs very much.. (I am little dumb lol.. :D)
Thanks again for  you time.. Much appreciate it..:-)

pipspider:
Hello Anthony, Thank you very much for your reply,
Just for learning purposes, could you show me how to call the function via a DLL call, because I am not experienced in working with DLLs very much.. (I am little dumb lol.. :D)
Thanks again for  you time.. Much appreciate it..:-)

After I just said "don't do it?" It would be pretty irresponsible of me to hand you a pack of cigarettes after I just expostulated on the detriments of smoking.

But I tell you what: the answer is on this forum. You will find it if you search for it.

Anthony Garot:

After I just said "don't do it?" It would be pretty irresponsible of me to hand you a pack of cigarettes after I just expostulated on the detriments of smoking.

LOL... Just for once, for curiosity try the whole pack...Then never smoking again(that was my motive..) :D

Anthony Garot: 

But I tell you what: the answer is on this forum. You will find it if you search for it.

Okay buddy I will search it, 
Anyway thanks for your time, much appreciate it.. :-)

Reason: