Indicators: MAMA + FAMA Multi Timeframe

MAMA + FAMA Multi Timeframe:

The MESA Adaptive Moving Average (MAMA) and the Following Adaptive Moving Average (FAMA) combination (originally published here MAMA + FAMA) made to be multi timeframe.

Timeframes supported are all the possible timeframes supported by MetaTrader 5 and it has 3 "special" timeframes:

• Next higher timeframe: first higher timeframe compared to active chart.
  • Second higher timeframe: second higher timeframe compared to active chart.
  • Third higher timeframe: third higher timeframe compared to active chart.

If some of these 3 timeframes are used, then the timeframe is set automatically as you change the timeframe of the chart.

PS: the indicator is a stand-alone indicator - it does not need the "regular" version in order to work, neither it uses any other indicator.

PPS: one more explanation (for cases when people expect the indicator to be applied to some other indicator) - in cases when the indicator should be applied to some other indicator, that indicator can not be multi timeframe (or some other types of customizing) simply because it entirely depends on the target data. Hence these indicators are not made to be applied to other indicators - to keep the flexibility we have with the choice of timeframes data intact.

Author: Mladen Rakic

Automated-Trading:

MAMA + FAMA Multi Timeframe:

Author: Mladen Rakic

does it repaint? ive heard mtf indicators do.

melco7:

does it repaint? ive heard mtf indicators do.

Repainting is a coding error. This indicator does not have any coding errors. and it updates all the data from a lower time frame that belongs to higher time frame. If it was not doing that, then it would be repainting and then it would have coding errors.

So, the short answer : no. No repainting

It seems that there is an incompatibility of the new version of MT5, with its indicators.

I installed a few and none is shown in the graph.

LuisFonsi:

It seems that there is an incompatibility of the new version of MT5, with its indicators.

I installed a few and none is shown in the graph.

Nothing to do with the indicator

All to do with new update of mt5 (and the fact that the mt5 server - if you are using the mt5 demo account on it) is not working. Some examples (other server)

So, my understanding is that the original indicator had a fixed timeframe?  Specifically, what was that timeframe?  I'd like to understand what the original designer thought was the optimum timeframe.  Thank you.